FMLA....one day a month

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
They are usually injury related. We have a driver that claims a back injury. He uses FMLA for most of the year. Only comes in maybe a total of 3 or 4 months a year. We actually have at least 4 guys that do this. Probably triple that amount of people in the building.

Are they usually on the job injuries? Does your rider have extra protections? Past practices? UPS can approve extra leave if they want, but strictly under FMLA they are not required to. Might become an issue if you get a new district manager who wants to hammer down on that stuff.

542thruNthru

Are they usually on the job injuries? Does your rider have extra protections? Past practices? UPS can approve extra leave if they want, but strictly under FMLA they are not required to. Might become an issue if you get a new district manager who wants to hammer down on that stuff.

This is some thing I'll have to look into. I know they use FMLA because of the way they are coded for months at a time.

Last edited:

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
F0BC3E60-6A96-4D4D-A2AC-E9374C011AFA.gif

542thruNthru

So apparently they use FMLA and Disability together every year.

I was mistaken because they always just said FMLA on the dispatch sheet.