Football

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I think they would have rather faced the Bills, but it should be a great game. 10 Superbowls in 20 years, pretty unreal.

MAKAVELI

I think they would have rather faced the Bills, but it should be a great game. 10 Superbowls in 20 years, pretty unreal.
He might be one of the greats but not the GOAT! That belongs to Montana! I mean he played a great 1 st half but stunk in the second. He got lucky throwing 3 picks, a missed interference call and a dumb field goal instead of going for it on 4th and goal by the Packers.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
He might be one of the greats but not the GOAT! That belongs to Montana! I mean he played a great 1 st half but stunk in the second. He got lucky throwing 3 picks, a missed interference call and a dumb field goal instead of going for it on 4th and goal by the Packers.
Back when Brady had 3 or 4 SB wins you could have legitimate arguments about who was the GOAT. Kinda pointless now though. After that comeback win against Atlanta I stopped even talking about it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Back when Brady had 3 or 4 SB wins you could have legitimate arguments about who was the GOAT. Kinda pointless now though. After that comeback win against Atlanta I stopped even talking about it.
Yeah I’m not sure who could try to make an argument at this point. Dude is 43 years old.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
even if TB loses the SB his legacy is sealed even before this season. can you imagine at age 42 going to a team that hasnt been in playoffs for 13 years , taking to playoffs as a wild card team and going to the SB??

I laugh when they talk about Rogers being the goat. come on clowns. he's 1-4 in championship games.

Brady is 10-4 in championship games against the best teams in history.

no comparison.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I'm having a hard time not seeing how Detroit didn't come out waaay ahead on this deal. The only way this ends up looking like a good move for LA is if they win a SB with Stafford.

I'm having a hard time not seeing how Detroit didn't come out waaay ahead on this deal. The only way this ends up looking like a good move for LA is if they win a SB with Stafford.
We’re talking about Detroit they’ve had 12 winning seasons since 1970. Where the rams have made it to the playoffs 22 times in the last 52 years. I’m sure the rams know what they are doing. Stafford will thrive in a superior organization.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
We’re talking about Detroit they’ve had 12 winning seasons since 1970. Where the rams have made it to the playoffs 22 times in the last 52 years. I’m sure the rams know what they are doing. Stafford will thrive in a superior organization.
Is that why they painted themselves into such a corner with Goff's contract that the only way out was to give up 2 first round picks for a 33 year old QB?

oldngray

nowhere special
Stafford might be marginally better now but has a very short shelf life. LA must be betting on winning it all in the next couple of years. Goff may be an inconsistent turnover machine but has far more potential for the future. I can't see Goff willingly gong to Detroit so maybe things going on behind the scenes.

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
Stafford might be marginally better now but has a very short shelf life. LA must be betting on winning it all in the next couple of years. Goff may be an inconsistent turnover machine but has far more potential for the future. I can't see Goff willingly gong to Detroit so maybe things going on behind the scenes.
Stat wise they are almost the same QB. I do think Stanford is somewhat better but not 2 first round picks better. I think Goff can do what Stafford did in Detroit but the question is can Stanford do the same. Goff did get them to a Super Bowl.

upschuck

Stat wise they are almost the same QB. I do think Stanford is somewhat better but not 2 first round picks better. I think Goff can do what Stafford did in Detroit but the question is can Stanford do the same. Goff did get them to a Super Bowl.
As a long suffering Detroit fan, this makes me a happy guy.