For those on ORION...

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
They have been "fixing" my route since we got Orion, it is still a mess daily.
200OCF9IG7M.gif

1. I dont have enough fuel.
2 .There arent enough hours in the workday
3. We are still held responsible for any service failures and subject to disciplinary action for same.
With all due respect.
1. I get about 320miles on my tank.
2. I can work 12 if I have to prove my point any day Monday through Friday.
3. Making service should be one of the only reasons besides safety to not follow their system.

I love to play games. $33.79 an hour to play all the games they want.

jaker

trolling
Service failures is not a good reason to run Orion , you just choose that reason to justify you not running it

I follow it as close to 100 as I can and I will break route go do my commits and then drive all the way back to where I left off and start again

Boulevard859710

All I know is my route covers the main freaking street. If ORION wants me to shoestring that busy street it has another thing coming. It would be like trying to get my size 12 foot into a size 2, metaphorically speaking.

Last edited:

BusterBrownMA

I work in Deerfield, MA which was the first center in the U.S. to have ORION five yrs ago. We don't even use it anymore. Like everything at UPS, it will be a hot topic at your center but the hype will die down. The program doesn't work in metro areas and works a little better in more rural areas. The only thing they care about now is that our mileage is in the ballpark of what ORION says. BIGGEST WASTE OF A BILLION DOLLARS.

Overpaid Union Thug

I work in Deerfield, MA which was the first center in the U.S. to have ORION five yrs ago. We don't even use it anymore. Like everything at UPS, it will be a hot topic at your center but the hype will die down. The program doesn't work in metro areas and works a little better in more rural areas. The only thing they care about now is that our mileage is in the ballpark of what ORION says. BIGGEST WASTE OF A BILLION DOLLARS.
Just a friendly tidbit of advice...... you might want to remove your picture as your avatar. Especially if you are insulting almighty ORION (and some desk jockey's ego) and telling everyone where you work. A few forum members have been suspended for their Brown Cafe adventures.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
And to think, their stock took a 10% hit last quarter because they had an unaccounted for $250M in OT.

Think what the stock would have done if they didn't waste that $1B on ORION.

We get fired for "stealing" 5 minutes, $3, yet some idiot in corporate stole $1B from the stockholders.