For those that think filing doesn't help

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Local 728 hasn't been friends with the Old Guard for decades. I have always voted against Jr. and his buddies. I knew what really went on before we threw them out. One guy was drawing four salaries and pensions, I can't believe his name is still on the building.

JL 0513

You think they would add a car instead of having missed pieces....amazing

It's unbelievable. UPS takes two approaches here. Pay tons of money on overtime + the grievance money to go with it. Or have tons of missed as this center is doing. Apparently putting out 2 more split routes costs too much. I don't know what math they're using but the only added main cost of an additional route is the cost of getting the PC to the split locations. Either way, someone is running the stops once on location.
Forget the added benefits for more drivers...the drivers are already on the books sitting at home. UPS math says that it is cheaper to pay 8 drivers and extra hour of overtime each day than to pay another driver to come in and run that 8 hours of stops at straight time. I know it's all not as simplistic as this, but not far off.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I also can't believe they're so free with sheeting missed. One missed in my center and it's the end of the world.
They probably are hiding them somehow...have to remember all this technology can track what THEY are doing also there are people way above their pay grade that are making sure everything is "legit"...

ManInBrown

I also can't believe they're so free with sheeting missed. One missed in my center and it's the end of the world.
Yup. Same here. Can't believe they are sending out BLAST messages to 9.5 drivers to sheet everything missed so as not to go over. LOL. That cracks me up. Very BOG like.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Local 728 hasn't been friends with the Old Guard for decades. I have always voted against Jr. and his buddies. I knew what really went on before we threw them out. One guy was drawing four salaries and pensions, I can't believe his name is still on the building.
Bs!!dont you collect from your own local then if you get bumped up to the intl get more???

ManInBrown

They probably are hiding them somehow...have to remember all this technology can track what THEY are doing also there are people way above their pay grade that are making sure everything is "legit"...
I highly doubt that. But also just a guess on my part. If they were doing something shady they would probably tell the drivers to just bring it in. We'll "handle" sheeting the remaining work.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Yup. Same here. Can't believe they are sending out BLAST messages to 9.5 drivers to sheet everything missed so as not to go over. LOL. That cracks me up. Very BOG like.
That happen here until guys were bringing back handcarts of missed.. Think they were finally able to hire a few guys..the center can ask for more drivers doesn't mean they will be able to get them ...gotta run it up 20 levels to the one or two people in the company that actually can make a decision...sad

Dr.Brownz

View attachment 95047
This message was sent to anyone on the 9.5 list. Our center has continually been over dispatched and management was ignoring the weekly flow of 9.5 and 8hour violations. Since around March the employees have been fed up with over dispatching, resulting in about a 85% 9.5 list participation. The recent dollar amount that has been thrown around is 200k. The company is now being forced to unplug their ears and listen as our local is threatening to docket over 600 grievances.

Did I mention we are in a right to work state? The greivance procedure works guys, nut up or shut up. If your local is weak, force them not to be. If the troops can be mustered in a RTW state to achieve results like these, then anything is possible.

What size of center/building in terms of drivers and routes?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
220 were sheeted missed, lots of fallout today from it. One of our management teams last day was today as well, Amazon is her new home. Several big wigs have been and continue to visit our building.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
What size of center/building in terms of drivers and routes?
Our building consists of two centers, Marietta and Roswell. This was on the Roswell side of things, between 96-110 routes a day, depending on the day. Apparently we're getting a new manager ( one step above a center manager, not sure what the title is off hand, division?) from Boston is the word on the street. The current one has been out for about 1-2 months. Last time he was seen he was being hauled out on a stretcher in an ambulance in front of the building right before start time.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
220 were sheeted missed, lots of fallout today from it. One of our management teams last day was today as well, Amazon is her new home. Several big wigs have been and continue to visit our building.
Good luck. I remember a time
When we were told there was more eyes on our center than any center in the district. Those were not fun times.