For those that think filing doesn't help

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I'm on the list too and I file. The dispatcher does watch the stop counts and will stick some of my stops on another driver that is too chicken to file. I can't understand why drivers complain about clocking out so late but are too scared to stand up for themselves. And I'm talking about drivers with twenty-plus years in.
You are scratch ... Your center manager probably fills out your grievence and gives it to the union on your behalf.... Lol

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Good luck. I remember a time
When we were told there was more eyes on our center than any center in the district. Those were not fun times.
We've been being looked at since Feburary. They brought guys down from the NE to try and figure out why our building is so terrabad. It's really simple from where the drivers sit, all aspects of the internal customer have deteriorated and employees are tired of taking the blame and burden of bad decision making. I could elaborate more but I've given up caring.

Dr.Brownz

You think they would add a car instead of having missed pieces....amazing

This company just doesn't give a :censored2: about service anymore. I learned today that they are rolling trailers to our center if they aren't over 3/4 full. Today I heard that they left two 3/4 full trailers so Monday we are screwed, we already had all hands on deck plus every PTer that can drive and sup+non-driving PTer on road today.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
We would have a new center manager Tuesday.
Ours was brought in off his vacation today. The building as a whole lacks motivation and caring. From management down to hourlies, the culture of fear and getting yelled at no matter what you do has taken the heart out of people. Impossible tasks and unrealistic metrics are given and when not achieved, threats of discipline follow. After awhile those threats look more like ways out and the employees say just do me a favor. When a quality employee reaches that point it's hard to bring them back, much like a dog that's been beat over and over.

You take the pride out of people and all you have left is a soulless robot. The problem is this company was about going the extra mile, making it happen, having that feeling of a challenge when times are legitimately rough, not by the consequences of inept management decisions or constant running thin for the pure sake they are told to. "Unexpected volume" doesn't happen all the time, nor does "we need you to dig in today, it's heavy". Those statements become hollow when used over and over. Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining, it's insulting.

Last edited:

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Doesn't it concern ups that Amazon is poaching all of our people??? That should be a red flag.. But what do I know???

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
This company just doesn't give a :censored2: about service anymore. I learned today that they are rolling trailers to our center if they aren't over 3/4 full. Today I heard that they left two 3/4 full trailers so Monday we are screwed, we already had all hands on deck plus every PTer that can drive and sup+non-driving PTer on road today.
I promise you Monday your coworkers won't care :)

Coldworld

60 months and counting
And what also concerns me is I'm getting ads on here advertising women over 40 who want to date and clothing company zulily who is showing ads for clothing for plus size women ....I'm serious about this what kind of site is Cheryl running here ????lmao

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Doesn't it concern ups that Amazon is poaching all of our people??? That should be a red flag.. But what do I know???
We have lost 7 operations management personnel in the last year out of this building, all but one was a resignation. The one that wasn't was a center manager who was going to stay another 2 years but after being transferred up here from another building 3 months later, said he'll go ahead and retire. I think he had somewhere around 35 years with the company, no send off or anything, just shook some hands of drivers/management and never came back after a PCM.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
We have lost 7 operations management personnel in the last year out of this building, all but one was a resignation. The one that wasn't was a center manager who was going to stay another 2 years but after being transferred up here from another building 3 months later, said he'll go ahead and retire. I think he had somewhere around 35 years with the company, no send off or anything, just shook some hands of drivers/management and never came back after a PCM.
That's sad....if he was decent I would have at least got the drivers together and got a cake...after 35 years pitiful

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
That's sad....if he was decent I would have at least got the drivers together and got a cake...after 35 years pitiful
It was just rumors about two days before he announced it at his last PCM. He was suppose to be the guy to fix some of the issues that were plaguing the center. The drivers see this kind of stuff and know it's bad when even the bleed brown management want no part of this.