Forced 6th Day question

R1wonder

You shouldn’t be coming to work on Monday . It’s not your scheduled work day anymore , I don’t show up to work Saturday. You don’t show up Monday , simple as that

Tanktoptony

Article 26 section 5 of the national master agreement. Page 83-84. They pull this same crap in my area forcing drivers either rcpd or 22.4 to work a 6th punch, been doing it for months, drivers also have stopped showing up. For the 22.4’s when they run out of hours for Saturday because it’s their scheduled workday they are forced to be a driver helper, it’s complete bs. Most have figured out it isn’t worth it. Our business agent has had thousands of grievances regarding this issue alone and we have been told the discipline actions aren’t worth the paper they are printed on.

GenericUsername

Lol, yeah because stew said the only possibility of discipline that they could maybe try would be no call/ no show
No call/no show on your day off? Please, sign me up for that meeting with my steward. I didn't show up a single Saturday this peak. Every Monday I was going out with less than 6 hours of work. There was literally zero reason for me to work a Saturday. They even tried to say it was a business need...yet they can't give me a full day Saturday or a full day on Monday? Puh-lease.

charm299

No call/no show on your day off? Please, sign me up for that meeting with my steward. I didn't show up a single Saturday this peak. Every Monday I was going out with less than 6 hours of work. There was literally zero reason for me to work a Saturday. They even tried to say it was a business need...yet they can't give me a full day Saturday or a full day on Monday? Puh-lease.
Yeah, same with us. I just think the steward didn’t want the extra hassle of dealing with that. He just told us to follow regular call in protocol