Forced Saturday

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There is only one good thing about a rental and that’s the radio

....and the heater/defroster.....

I was fortunate enough to only have to deal with a rental for one Peak. This one had a pass through door from the cab to the cargo area, which had shelves. Only took me 5 times to remember to duck my head.

KOG72

I’m full of it
....and the heater/defroster.....

I was fortunate enough to only have to deal with a rental for one Peak. This one had a pass through door from the cab to the cargo area, which had shelves. Only took me 5 times to remember to duck my head.
One peak when I was a cover driver they sent me out in one of those big box trucks in the country.Let’s just say that did not go over well,they had to bring me a package car at 3:00.Thank goodness for a runner on that day.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The last few Peaks that I was there they had a rental next to our loop which was used to run off bulk stops in the morning. The driver would then come back, load up and run off a residential split before sweeping bulk pickups.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
If youre a new hire you might be in for a surprise.

If you've been there past probation.....they will get pissy with you but I'm not sure if they woukd follow through and fire you especially if tou are a hard worker mon-fri
For your consideration, I offer this Wallation™.

If you are a newly hired employee, you will have no option other than working on Saturdays as directed.

If you have progressed beyond the probationary period, you have more protection. Never the less, I would expect managerial pushback against you.

Now, the question is , how severe will this pushback be? Would they go all out and try to terminate your employment? Personally, I cannot see this happening, especially if they view you as a valued employee during the normal work schedule.