Forced Saturday

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
I don't understand what your saying. Most of the apartment buildings I had didn't have an office. Most of the apartments I delivered to had an office that would own hundreds of apartment buildings across the county.
Gotcha. Wasn’t trying to chastise you, just banter. I wonder what makes a pkg a shipper release? Obviously they are super cheap pkgs, maybe not refundable. So what kind of crap falls under those parameters?

Rack em

Made the Podium
Gotcha. Wasn’t trying to chastise you, just banter. I wonder what makes a pkg a shipper release? Obviously they are super cheap pkgs, maybe not refundable. So what kind of crap falls under those parameters?
Shipper release is just an option anyone can choose to have on the package, and of course all surepost are shipper release. You'll know because every shipper release package will prompt the shipper release screen on the diad. It will also say "shipper release" on the lower part of the shipping label in the bottom left on a standard Ups label.

WTFm8

I would get surepost packages to apartments that didn't have an apartment number. I would sheet as Need Apt #. Later on in the day I would get a message told it was a driver release package and leave it at the front door of the apartment complex.

Tell em too bad. No Apt # gets marked as such and not released by me, same with bad street numbers cause they put N instead of S or the wrong zipcode populated so it’s a town over.

I don’t understand why some management is so bent on making surepost service 1st day. They have a 2-7 day range on them. Just like ground has a range.

I look at every package for apartment stops to make sure there is an apartment number before I go carrying them to the building (same with shopping center suites/business names). Sheet them in the package car.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
I see a lot of medicine shipped in styrofoam that is shipper release. The kind of stuff that is quickly perishable.

ManInBrown

Has anyone legitimately used the “I’m fatigued” line? Seriously... do not want to work 6 days. I am going to ask my steward this morning.
Absolutely. It is used in feeders daily. We don’t call out using fatigued. It is when they try to jam another leg down our throats we just say we are fatigued. Can’t do it. It’s the magic word in feeders. They can’t say a thing.

And why are you worried about supplying them with a reason. You don’t need to give them a reason. A call out should go like this “This is John Smith, not coming in today, click”

Like giving them a reason is going to make your life easier? No matter what you’re going to be in the office Monday morning and they are going to be digging sheet up that happened three months ago, that has nothing to do with you calling out. So who cares. Yes, boss. I’ll try harder boss. OK boss. Anything else? You think by telling them you are fatigued the harassment will not happen? Lol

Last edited:

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
Shipper release is just an option anyone can choose to have on the package, and of course all surepost are shipper release. You'll know because every shipper release package will prompt the shipper release screen on the diad. It will also say "shipper release" on the lower part of the shipping label in the bottom left on a standard Ups label.
Shipper release is also a great way to eff up a bulk stop that you think you can cir
Only to find out, as you are walking away, you can not

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Shipper release is also a great way to eff up a bulk stop that you think you can cir
Only to find out, as you are walking away, you can not
I got caught with that one a few times. Now if a SR pops up while scanning, I immediately stop and relnum that package. As long as you CIR on another package that is not SR, it will allow you to complete the entire stop.

542thruNthru

I did once, but I also fell asleep at the wheel after driving over 350 miles and taking out an edge reflector. Nothing was said.

It has to be kinda eerie sometime out there at night with snow. Just pitchblack. Especially on a road like this.
roads.jpg