Forced Saturday

ManInBrown

It's a race to 62.5 hours by Friday at punch out time. Thats 2 - 12hr days, 1- 12.5 hr day & 2 - 13hr days.

Shouldn't be that difficult to achieve to eliminate having to do a 6th punch.

Unless,of course, you like that special brand of punishment.
Don’t worry. You can still work as a helper

summersaltstains

Local 728 is telling us they can’t make you work 6 days because the contract defines the work week as 5 consecutive days. I know from experience I called out a Friday and Saturday last peak and never heard another word about it.

PT Car Washer

It is NOT the norm. I have NEVER worked a Saturday in my 18 years of driving.
I can only remember one time in over 40 years when drivers were asked to come in and work a Saturday during Peak to get caught up. There were a few times when it would have been a good idea and the drivers expected to be called in but it never happened.

over9five

Staff member
Local 728 is telling us they can’t make you work 6 days because the contract defines the work week as 5 consecutive days. I know from experience I called out a Friday and Saturday last peak and never heard another word about it.
If they can't make you work, why would you have to call out?

542thruNthru

Local 728. So that's the southern region right?
So you guys only work 8 hours a day and never work any OT unless you want to. Because that's what your contract says.
Screenshot_20191113-102311_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

I have a feeling your local didn't say that. It's the same thing spread around many buildings this time of year.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Local 728. So that's the southern region right?
So you guys only work 8 hours a day and never work any OT unless you want to. Because that's what your contract says.
View attachment 271778
I have a feeling your local didn't say that. It's the same thing spread around many buildings this time of year.
Our NE supplement says that, prior to any shift, you can make an request to not work more than 10 hours. A couple years ago our BA printed a form for me, I just signed /half dated and made 30 copies for peak. Company argued the language was not intended for package but either feeders or freight, iirc. Lol. I never went over 10

542thruNthru

Our NE supplement says that, prior to any shift, you can make an request to not work more than 10 hours. A couple years ago our BA printed a form for me, I just signed /half dated and made 30 copies for peak. Company argued the language was not intended for package but either feeders or freight, iirc. Lol. I never went over 10

What's the penalty if they do work you over 10. The west has 9.5 language for all employees even 22.4s but there is no penalty so the company isn't going to care.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
What's the penalty if they do work you over 10. The west has 9.5 language for all employees even 22.4s but there is no penalty so the company isn't going to care.
There is no penalty for peak, you mean? There is no penalty set forth in our supplement. Which would seem like UPS would try to head fake with the job abandonment scam, but every day in had a written request, so it was null.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I can only remember one time in over 40 years when drivers were asked to come in and work a Saturday during Peak to get caught up. There were a few times when it would have been a good idea and the drivers expected to be called in but it never happened.

My last two Peaks we worked each of the Saturdays after Turkey Day.