Forced Saturday

Faceplanted

In the south the work week is 5 consecutive days. You don’t even have to call in on Saturdays

Soure: I’m in the southern and 1/3rd or more of us would not show up in Saturday’s. They attempted to group write us up once, the ba talked with management and we were never told anything again about not working a 6th report.

35years

Gravy route
70 hour rule is likely here.

We are required to work the 6th Saturday punch, have been for many years.

Management already talked to the leadership of our local about it.

Funny thing is I get less stops done in a 70 hour week than a 60 hour week...Adjust your pace to conserve your energy for the 6th day.

Let the stops roll.

Last edited:
70 hour rule is likely here.

We are required to work the 6th Saturday punch, have been for many years.

Management already talked to the leadership of our local about it.

Funny thing is I get less stops done in a 70 hour week than a 60 hour week...Adjust your pace to conserve your energy for the 6th day.

Let th he stops roll.
Ask from the top and force from the bottom.

542thruNthru

They don't force everyone in. They will usually out about 45-50 routes in on a Saturday during peak.

They have done it here a few times. They don't do it all the time but I have a feeling they will this year.

Like @scratch had to work every Saturday day last year I believe. No way he doesn't have the most seniority in his center. At least I would hope not. ;)

JustDeliverIt

They don't force everyone in. They will usually out about 45-50 routes in on a Saturday during peak.

Last 2 peaks I have driven they have run every route on Saturdays. They force every driver in that had 4+ hours left and you took your route out and just got a jump on the next week.

Some guys didn't show up (and didn't get disciplined) but they did "require" everyone to come in and most did. There were also some of us to make sure to be at 56.01 or higher by Friday so it wasn't an issue.

Last 2 peaks I have driven they have run every route on Saturdays. They force every driver in that had 4+ hours left and you took your route out and just got a jump on the next week.

Some guys didn't show up (and didn't get disciplined) but they did "require" everyone to come in and most did. There were also some of us to make sure to be at 56.01 or higher by Friday so it wasn't an issue.
The union cracked down on it this year. We can't work unless we have 8 hours available
No time worked