Forced Saturday

dysphunktion

A decent sup
So here we go again with management saying we will work 6 days a week in December and also will be forced to work day after Thanksgiving

Is that not something you like? I can't give them enough work during peak. Double the amount of stops than typical? Bring it. While others would rather keep that work/home balance.
Also not too sure what you mean about Black Friday? A shift is a shift, most drivers are on all week anyway, so assuming you are too. Even if that weren't the case, taking that day off is something that is considered really :censored2:astical by both us suits and you guys. It's all hands during peak. :\

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Is that not something you like? I can't give them enough work during peak. Double the amount of stops than typical? Bring it. While others would rather keep that work/home balance.
Also not too sure what you mean about Black Friday? A shift is a shift, most drivers are on all week anyway, so assuming you are too. Even if that weren't the case, taking that day off is something that is considered really :censored2:astical by both us suits and you guys. It's all hands during peak. :\
Yo @Barney, GTFOutta heeeeeyyyaaaa.

JustDeliverIt

everyone thought they’d be sneaky and try to get 60 hrs last peak , then they broke the news they can work 70hrs :lol: UPS WINS AGAIN

They didn't pull that here last year. They did the year before.

Same here. 2 years ago we got the "Sorry, it's 70 now". But last peak even though the contract wasn't ratified beforehand they knew what the numbers would look like for the retro pay. They had a hard line at 60 and really only stretched it the week of Christmas. Even then they didn't have too many people over 60. Maybe this is the best contract ever......

Same here. 2 years ago we got the "Sorry, it's 70 now". But last peak even though the contract wasn't ratified beforehand they knew what the numbers would look like for the retro pay. They had a hard line at 60 and really only stretched it the week of Christmas. Even then they didn't have too many people over 60. Maybe this is the best contract ever......
This was the worst contract ever

WTFm8

Has anyone legitimately used the “I’m fatigued” line? Seriously... do not want to work 6 days. I am going to ask my steward this morning.

I did on a Friday. Went out for 3 hrs and had a killer headache. Drove back, went to managers office and said I’m going home due to fatigue, I’ll see you tomorrow.

Rode as a ‘helper’ at driver pay for 8hrs on Saturday.

Last edited:

WTFm8

Gotta be careful with that one.

Why? It’s right in the contract and DOT allows it. It’s up to the driver to make the call, just like hazardous weather.

My states FMCSA office is 10 minutes from my house. I paid them a visit last peak to clear up some info.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Why? It’s right in the contract and DOT allows it. It’s up to the driver to make the call, just like hazardous weather.

My states FMCSA office is 10 minutes from my house. I paid them a visit last peak to clear up some info.
You're basically telling the company that you're not fit to do your job. You can do that once in a blue moon but I wouldn't make a habit out of it.

trickpony1

You're basically telling the company that you're not fit to do your job. You can do that once in a blue moon but I wouldn't make a habit out of it.

Does this apply to management that take stress leave or develop other coping skills to deal with the constant and continual mental/physical stressors?

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
a ton of big changes next year , Sunday delivery , 22.4s...hang on union brother

I heard this week Surepost is coming back to our building in January. The guy wasn't sure if it was everyday or just to supplement the weekend work.

This may be old news but it was new to me.

Faceplanted

No but a smart manager would say "ok you won't be driving but I'm requiring you to come in and be a helper."

fatigue line only pertains to driving.
cuckservatives will be cuckservatives.

idk about you, but I drive to and from work.

keep working your 6 day weeks guys. Can’t wait to see all the threads from all the soft drivers crying about working 6 days. I’ll be home drinking beer enjoying my sat and sun.