Forced to do a route other than mine.

I'm a pick up driver and because of the holiday weekend they condensed my route with another one. They have me on a completely different route that I haven't ran before. Any chance I can refuse to do this?

Schweddy

Balls
Personally, as long as it's temporary, I wouldn't sweat it. Do the best safe job you can perform. You're covering other areas that are further away, your gaps might be more but they can't give you a hard time about gaps when you're taking a coworker's hours. And you'll likely not hear anything about them imo.

dezguy

They send you out on a route blind just take your time and move at your own pace. You getting back to the station late is their fault, not yours.

Purplepackage

I'm a pick up driver and because of the holiday weekend they condensed my route with another one. They have me on a completely different route that I haven't ran before. Any chance I can refuse to do this?

So you run a pup route but they gave you a delivery route also? That's what I'm getting from this.

Suck it up and enjoy the hours? I don't know that's what I would do

Slick silver

Kinda doing the same, luckily I'm doing a pup route were I will being sitting for almost 2 hrs waiting on a drop box, and that drop box is only 2 miles from my house. So you know where I will be at waiting. Then do the drop box head to the station and go home because I will be getting close to my 14 hrs

MassWineGuy

Gosh, an unfamiliar route. I think its within your ability to find all the stops. If this bothers you, then you must faint when something more challenging comes up.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Gosh, an unfamiliar route. I think its within your ability to find all the stops. If this bothers you, then you must faint when something more challenging comes up.
He's not a swing driver. Do you think for a moment they'll pay him swing driver premium?

MassWineGuy

No, and I apologize if I didn't catch that he was getting different routes each day. Definitely wrong if that's the case. But to be asked/told to help out once in a while by doing someone else's route isn't terrible.

overflowed

index.jpg
Let me tell you, they really do not appreciate you coming in and doing swing work. It might sound like that to you, but it really isn't the case. We have pm drivers come in as soon as called in the morning. Accident happens because they have no idea what they're doing. You really won't feel appreciated anymore. "They won't say MASS is the bomb you can't do that to him."

Last edited:

dex 84

He's not a swing driver. Do you think for a moment they'll pay him swing driver premium?

No, but if they cancel his route he has to take what work he's given. Best bet is probably to get on another route as soon as possible. Any route that's getting canceled all the time isn't worth staying on any longer than you have to.

!Retired!

No, and I apologize if I didn't catch that he was getting different routes each day. Definitely wrong if that's the case. But to be asked/told to help out once in a while by doing someone else's route isn't terrible.
By reading the initial post, it was just for one day.