Forced to work 6 days a week. Permanently.

Indecisi0n

I do pay some of the bills, but I'm not here to defend my lifestyle. If you want to be a critic, I'm not going to stop you. It's not about UPS working me too hard. They don't. The issue is now I don't have any days of the week that I can sleep late (because I also go to church on Sunday morning).
What’s your fortnite username ? I’ll hit you up later.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I do pay some of the bills, but I'm not here to defend my lifestyle. If you want to be a critic, I'm not going to stop you. It's not about UPS working me too hard. They don't. The issue is now I don't have any days of the week that I can sleep late (because I also go to church on Sunday morning).

Normal work week is 5 consecutive days

I bet all if all these people who have snarky responses were the ones being forced to work 6 days indefinitely they would be more concerned, but since it doesn’t they don’t care.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
I bet all if all these people who have snarky responses were the ones being forced to work 6 days indefinitely they would be more concerned, but since it doesn’t they don’t care.
There there little buddy...

You always have sunday...

tenor.gif

Nah, it's fine. Ultimately, I know they're right. I really do need to do more with my life. I tried for supervisor once but didn't get the position. I really need to try for it again.

I've been wondering if this sixth day thing has anything to do with the snow storms in the mid-west. Either way, I guess I'll stick this out and see what happens.

Tortuga

I AM THE MiLKMAN
Nah, it's fine. Ultimately, I know they're right. I really do need to do more with my life. I tried for supervisor once but didn't get the position. I really need to try for it again.

I've been wondering if this sixth day thing has anything to do with the snow storms in the mid-west. Either way, I guess I'll stick this out and see what happens.
Go driver!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Better, not bigger! Carole, the shareholders and retired folks thank you for your contributions
Meanwhile we don’t have enough preloaders or drivers or trucks. Half of the Diads in my center are complete crap. Basically if it’s not sunny 75 and average volume the place falls apart. But ya know god forbid we spend a dime.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Want to go sup. Believe your sup when they give you contract advice.

You start yesterday?

Cowboy Mac

In the Southern Region, we have 5 day work week language. Company can’t force you in on a 6th punch, even if you used an option day that week. Doesn’t stop them from threatening discipline...

upser2020

6th day wasn't even mandatory during peak at my hub but I wish I could always get 6 days but I'm kinda an overtime whore. Worked 6 12s during peak

I've been a day sort package handler at UPS in West Columbia ever since July of 2010. For that whole time, my schedule has been Tuesday to Saturday (5 days a week, with the exception of peak season, of course). Recently, we were told that we would have to start working on Mondays as well. We were told that we would be disciplined if we did not come in. It is day shift and only day shift that has to do this 6-day work week now. In my almost 11 years of working here, they have never done anything like this before. Why would they suddenly change their minds now? My supervisor said she didn't even know the reason for the change. It's not even like volume has been high, it's actually been very low (one day last week, we only worked 4 people on my belt and we rarely even work for 3 hours a day).

Has anything like this happened at other facilities? Does anyone have a clue why they would start forcing a regular 6-day work week? If it's for a good cause, like helping with vaccine distribution, then I would be very understanding of that. But then again, why wouldn't they want the other shifts to help if that were the case?
If you have been at ups this long, then surely you have some idea of how things work. Need to know is not high on their list, just getting the job done. Your position is to decide if you want to work here, under what conditions, and have an alternate game plan. Plan ahead. UPS is not about how you feel. More like a machine that will run over you. Investors need their dividends.