forgot to put lunch in my board

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Getting a warning letter for forgetting to put lunch in board.Whattttttt the%%%%%%%% is that!I guess ups has nothing better to do:angry:
May as well get used to it. After the lawsuit in so-cal this has been a major issue and is not likely to go away anytime soon. We have drivers get warning letters as well. When you take your lunch get in the habit of putting your time in, it'll save you alot of grief.

brownman15

Getting a warning letter for forgetting to put lunch in board.Whattttttt the%%%%%%%% is that!I guess ups has nothing better to do:angry:

did u take lunch and forget to put in board or did u not take a lunch. were i work we have a lot of people that do not take any lunch and get paid for it.

jds4lunch

What the hell is YOUPS??
May as well get used to it. After the lawsuit in so-cal this has been a major issue and is not likely to go away anytime soon. We have drivers get warning letters as well. When you take your lunch get in the habit of putting your time in, it'll save you alot of grief.

First of all, in my opinion if your not smart enough to code out a lunch and get caught, you deserve whatever is comming to you. Second, I'm in the dark here. What's this lawsuit about?

First of all, in my opinion if your not smart enough to code out a lunch and get caught, you deserve whatever is comming to you. Second, I'm in the dark here. What's this lawsuit about?
So you never forget to do anything? WOW, it must be nice to be perfect.

longlunchguy

Runnin on Empty
So you never forget to do anything? WOW, it must be nice to be perfect.
I bet being perfect has it's own set of pressures. Here in South Fla. the supplement says we get an hour for lunch. UPS is holding us to that. They want everyonr to take and record an hour everyday. If we don't, warning letters are coming. At least they are going by ONE ARTICLE IN THE CONTRACT!

I bet being perfect has it's own set of pressures. Here in South Fla. the supplement says we get an hour for lunch. UPS is holding us to that. They want everyonr to take and record an hour everyday. If we don't, warning letters are coming. At least they are going by ONE ARTICLE IN THE CONTRACT!
That wasn't my point at all. We are held responsible for recording our lunch also, but geez sometimes I have other things on my mind at a given time that take priority over recording a lunch time. If this is a reacuring problem for an individual, then yeah something needs to be done to fix it, but a warning letter is kinda extreme.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This topic was also discussed in another thread in which the driver received a 1 day suspension for not entering his lunch in the DIAD. Among the many suggestions he received was one where he developed a "check out checklist" in which he wrote down all of the things that he needed to do before punching out each night, to include signing off call tag logs, signing off DVR, putting lunch and break times in the DIAD, putting ending odometer and fuel, etc. It was also suggested that the driver input the time that he started his lunch when he stops for lunch and then input the time that he finished his lunch when he returned to work. It is up to each of us to find what works for us. For me, I input my break and lunch times when I am refueling my vehicle but, just in case, our OMS clerk asks us nightly if we have put our lunch/break times in our board, which frustrates me to no end because we are adults and should be capable of performing this menial task on a daily basis.

browniehound

I have two (2) very simple solutions to the drivers that are having difficulty remembering to put their lunch in the DIAD.

Take you lunch and breaks allowed by the company. When you stop for your break, immediately go to the 'lunch and breaks' option in the 'timecard' section of the DIAD menu. Once there, enter you start time. When the break is over, enter that time.

Option two, for those of us that reqularly skip lunch (not recommended) or have to to get out for an important event ( I'm guilty of this). First ask the center manager if you can get paid for your lunch. I've gotten a few yes' from him as I don't ask often or unless there will be service failures.

If the manager won't pay you for your lunch and you need to work through it, as soon as you get your negative response, go to 'lunch and breaks' and just put in a time. At the end of the day when you go to punch out the DIAD will prompt you with "finish time required" and this will remind you to enter a lunch.

When I skip lunch, I always enter a starting lunch time that is 1 minute after I punch out. This way, you're not falsifying delivery records. You simply chose to take your lunch after all your work was completed.

browniehound

I don't think you can enter for a lunchbreak time later than your punchout time & then punchout, can you?!

I've done it the last 5 times that I requested 8 hours. Once we punch in on a code 6 we get paid for 8. On an 8 hour request I skip lunch and finish in 7. It would make no sense for me to take an hour lunch when I can punch out in 7 get paid for 8. Why would any one just sit there for an hour when there will be no difference in your paycheck fo doing do?

So as to not get bagged for 'no lunch' entry, I enter my lunch as 1 minute after I punch out to 61 minutes after I punch out. I've done this at least 5 times in the last year and have never been spoken to about it, So I quess we can do it.

Brownie:peaceful:

Overpaid Union Thug

I forgot to enter my lunch one time since this has been an issue. I told my sup that if anyone had a problem with it they could print up my route summary and look at the hour gap between two specific deliveries. We have to enter our lunch in the DIAD so we all know that that an hour will be deducted from our pay each day. Forgetting to enter it is one thing but to purposely skip lunch knowing that you'll basically be donating an hour of your time to UPS is just plain stupid.

Correct. Anytime you enter a luch after you return to building time the OMS has to fix your timecard.
We have several drivers a day that finish their lunch after returning to the building. I don't know if they show return to building before of after the meal time though.

browniehound

We have several drivers a day that finish their lunch after returning to the building. I don't know if they show return to building before of after the meal time though.

Trplnkl,
I know this to be true because here in the northeast we get large snowstorms. When this happens many drivers work through their lunch and get back to the buildng ASAP to minimize their road time in the storm.

Since we are deducted 1 hour for lunch we must hang around the center for an hour before we punch out. The problem I have with this is, they are paying us anyway, why not pay us for our lunch and let us get a head start back home through the snowstorm?