Former UPS employee claims disability benefits were wrongfully terminated, seeks reinstatement

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Former UPS employee claims disability benefits were wrongfully terminated, seeks reinstatement - Northern California Record

A Riverside County resident formerly employed by United Parcel Service alleges her disability benefits were wrongfully terminated after 10 years.

Shelly Clark filed a complaint on March 1 in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California against Metropolitan Life Insurance Co. and United Parcel Service Flexible Benefits Plan citing the Employee Retirement Income Security Act.

oldngray

nowhere special
Very few details there. She is suing because her disability was cut off after 10 years. Nothing on why. Not surprising she is unhappy and sued but who knows how strong her case is.

oldngray

nowhere special
Wouldn't a long term disability go to a social security disability benefit? I would think the UPS plan would only pay for a limited length of time. 10 years is an awful long time and that must be because of California. How disabled is she if she couldn't qualify for the social security benefit?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wouldn't a long term disability go to a social security disability benefit? I would think the UPS plan would only pay for a limited length of time. 10 years is an awful long time and that must be because of California. How disabled is she if she couldn't qualify for the social security benefit?

LTD is 5 years.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Probably had an itchy V*