Founders day

wayfair

swollen member
Feeder driver asked what they did for Founders Day, I told him that we got to watch a video wanting UPSers to take a Selfie and send it somewhere, there was cake available, I got another 9.5 for the week and he says "we got cake and a 5 course meal "

Happy Founders day!!

Packmule

On this date in 1907, Jim Casey and his pals began delivering messages around the greater Seattle area via bicycle.
107 years later, that tiny enterprise has become a worldwide corporation that employes more people than live in some states.
Cool story bro.
And what does the modern UPS driver glean from a century of growth and innovation?
Mostly, we have trucks now. Get that &$/; bicycle off the street!
Happy birthday Brown! May there never be a world where you and my pension aren't in it!

OptimusPrime

Cakes in the morning. Years of service awards handed out during the PCM. center manager mention during the PCM something about how we were supposed to have breakfast but figured with the heat, no one would want it, so they had pizza when we got off. And he was nice enough to guard them so us late guys had something to eat.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
We had like 2 dozen donuts that were gone half an hour before start time, some plaques given out and they made us watch a video on a tiny little screen that we couldn't really see with no audio.

Z

ZQXC

My celebration was subdued: Ran 2 EAM'S while pulling a TP60;
don't know what they did back at the center, don't care.

Haven't been to a PCM in about six years.

Cementups

Box Monkey
We had donuts and muffins and some plaques were given out.

Our LP guy was hanging around and heard someone else jokingly tell me " Happy Founders Day". He looked at me and asked, "Is that today?!?!" I said "yeah, they even had a blip about it on the morning news on the radio." To which his response was, "oh, I had no idea." Genius!!!!

Driver7906

We had a cake, orange juice and years of service plaques were given out. That was about it. I actually miss when Founder's Day was something to look forward to.