Fourth quarter earnings released

bacha29

Fourth quarter released a moment ago....... $3.72 vs. $ 3.11 Estimated. They're making a killing but what about that lowly contractor driver? . His meager wages are likely to pose a drag on future wage growth for the laborers handlers, and drivers at the other units. In fact a couple of weeks ago the leading job board site released it's survey as to which company has the best salaries and benefits Of the top 15 surveyed X came in 4th. Obviously they didn't look at what contractors were paying or survey below the top few tiers of management.

Oldfart

Freight sure is dwarfed by the other 2 segments of the company. Not sure how it compares to other truck lines but it doesn't seem to add much to the bottom line. Where does Services fall in place? Wonder if Office has made any headway toward profitability?

bacha29

Freight sure is dwarfed by the other 2 segments of the company. Not sure how it compares to other truck lines but it doesn't seem to add much to the bottom line. Where does Services fall in place? Wonder if Office has made any headway toward profitability?
Freight contributed 55 million in net operating income during Q3 and a net operating margin of around 9% which was about the same as Express. The thing to remember is that the cost of operateing Fedex Trade Networks is being charged to Express even though Ground and Freight use it. Ground's revenue and operating income was up 23% this past quarter. It's net operating margin was 12.1% and will jump to 17.5% in Q4. Any Ground contractor who read the results would be outraged. 54 million peak season packages arrived a day early. Henry Maier who now runs Ground while bragging about the units exceptional performance never even acknowledged the bare existence of the Ground contractors.All the credit went to managers, executives staffing and training.Further proof of the fact that the grunt in the truck who gets that box where the it has to go regardless of weather accessibility and other factors time in the corporate mind's eye means nothing. Put in your remaining time OF pack it in and be done with it.

Oldfart

I am ready to call it quits if Medicare wasn't so far away. Not ready to spend the big $$ on insurance. Plus where can you make 70k + a year and get almost 7 weeks vacation while listening to Howard Stern and the Beatles all day on Sirius? Need to wait till at least November to get the 1000 hours and get the next Portable deposit.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
So in other words, as long as the little guys are getting :censored2:ed, healthy profits are a sure thing.

vantexan

I am ready to call it quits if Medicare wasn't so far away. Not ready to spend the big $$ on insurance. Plus where can you make 70k + a year and get almost 7 weeks vacation while listening to Howard Stern and the Beatles all day on Sirius? Need to wait till at least November to get the 1000 hours and get the next Portable deposit.
They're going to fire you two days before you're eligible for the Portable deposit in light of what's come out about your postings here. Don't think Dano hasn't made FedEx aware of your participation on BROWN CAFE? Bummer!

Cactus

Mechanic said they’re legal but barely. I left the building and could barely get up the first hill. Lol.
Put another 10 miles on them and they won’t be, then write them up as unsafe. I did that once and it PO’d our mechanic and my manager. Sorry if it hurt their delicate feelings but it got me new tires. I call them the way I see them.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
In fact a couple of weeks ago the leading job board site released it's survey as to which company has the best salaries and benefits Of the top 15 surveyed X came in 4th. Obviously they didn't look at what contractors were paying or survey below the top few tiers of management.

If you're paid by a contractor, you aren't being paid by FedEx. You aren't working for FedEx. Driver pay is irrelevant to the survey.

bacha29

If you're paid by a contractor, you aren't being paid by FedEx. You aren't working for FedEx. Driver pay is irrelevant to the survey.
Yes, Mr. Obvious. But if an individual is handling X branded freight drives an X branded vehicle and wears an X branded uniform his compensation deserves to be included in the mix. BTW, that noise you're hearing? That's your Mom hollering down telling you that she has lunch ready. So shut down your computer and turn out the cellar lights when you go up. You know, try to help her out a bit on the light bill.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Yeah sure it's the tires...
Between the tires and this PITA rear traction control.
65542200-AC57-4E2A-BE45-FBBD936475EA.jpeg

You guys are so lucky to have dualies.

Cactus

Hey Einstein, who do you think actually gets the FEDEX packages to the customer? I see your still hiding behind that joke called the RLA just like your hero Fred.