Fourth quarter earnings released

dvalleyjim

Ex employees get raises and bonuses. Ground drivers nothing again. But, hey look on the bright side- We may get blown up by a package. Time time find work elsewhere.

dex 84

Ex employees get raises and bonuses. Ground drivers nothing again. But, hey look on the bright side- We may get blown up by a package. Time time find work elsewhere.

We got a raise or a bonus not both. And it's the same raise we would've gotten in October so it's just 6 months early.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
at least at UPS our mechanic would put a piece of black tape over that check engine light.
I had to do that with the tpms tire light.

Apparently, the FedEx mechanic was too lazy or it was too expensive to replace a leaky valve stem... so that yellow tire light is always on.

Ugh, yesterday's snowstorm was a heavy slushy kind.

IMG_20180322_063746.jpg

I'm usually out until 2300+, but the snow/slush was turning to ice... not paid by the hour, so I pusillanimous out and went back to base to get my fwd vehicle to drive home.

2.5 hours to go 30 miles

Digging out of my driveway now to go finish up the deliveries. No tractors made it to the terminal for the AM sort...

OrioN

And yet I can’t even get decent tires to allow me to deliver packages safely in the snow. SMH.

I had new rear tires put on last week, but it didn't help on last night s snowstorm

I've seen the USPS cars with tire cables on their rear wheels blowing by me while I'm struggling with this one wheel drive boxtruck... if it was a dually, mebbe I would have a better chance

Oldfart

I had new rear tires put on last week, but it didn't help on last night s snowstorm

I've seen the USPS cars with tire cables on their rear wheels blowing by me while I'm struggling with this one wheel drive boxtruck... if it was a dually, mebbe I would have a better chance
A dually does not perform better in ice. A single tire truck has all the weight on 1 tire and will perform better.

McFeely

Huge Member
A dually does not perform better in ice. A single tire truck has all the weight on 1 tire and will perform better.

Dually might be better in deep snow, depends on if you need to float or sink to the road surface under the snow. In ice, narrow tires typically do better.

My Jeep on 35x12.50” tires did way better in deep snow than my 30x10.50” tires. It was the opposite on ice.

bacha29

Perhaps it does indeed come down to what I always told people when bad weather struck..... "With the mail RD stands for rural delivery. With us it stands for
" rightfully delayed". They're out there because they choose to be not because they have to be. And if you can't truck it ...friend!*! it ". Another indisputable fact I pointed out to them..... " You can only position yourself just so far removed from the main stream of commerce and trade and not feel the impact of it."
One of the favorite lines I heard from people........'Well, we don't want people to know where we're at". My answer....."Does that include police, ambulance, fire, and rescue"?

McFeely

Huge Member
We had a jackass in our station in a rental van (FWD) that took the sandbags out of my RWD truck to put in her van. I had to break the news to her.

OrioN

Dually might be better in deep snow, depends on if you need to float or sink to the road surface under the snow. In ice, narrow tires typically do better.

My Jeep on 35x12.50” tires did way better in deep snow than my 30x10.50” tires. It was the opposite on ice.

I dunno, when I had an old dhl stepvan with dually rear tires, I bust thru my snowy roads with confidence.

I did put whatever I can't deliver for the day on the wheel wells for some traction on the boxtruck.

DSC_0076.JPG

These lion crapola brand tires from Thailand looks like steering tires... the firestone tires ht had a more aggressive tread pattern.

Ice sucks overall on ANY vehicle, which is why I cut my route early n struggle to get home.

Thank goodness we had a warm day... I'm finally caught up & delivered everything

floridays

I had to do that with the tpms tire light.

Apparently, the FedEx mechanic was too lazy or it was too expensive to replace a leaky valve stem... so that yellow tire light is always on.

Ugh, yesterday's snowstorm was a heavy slushy kind.

View attachment 186105

I'm usually out until 2300+, but the snow/slush was turning to ice... not paid by the hour, so I pusillanimous out and went back to base to get my fwd vehicle to drive home.

2.5 hours to go 30 miles

Digging out of my driveway now to go finish up the deliveries. No tractors made it to the terminal for the AM sort...

Consider yourself fortunate, you don't contend with the dreaded sun and sand.