Fred S, Liar in Chief

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Trump almost never says anything directly. Usually, it's a challenge to decipher the rambling gibberish.

His intentions regarding the phone call are very clear. Spin it however you wish, but he's guilty of trying to extort dirt.

Your argument is that his "rambling gibberish" had a very clear and specific intent. Logic isn't your strong point.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
This is just like all the other things that were supposedly the end of his presidency. It's all the rage for a week or so, then they come up with something else to be all the rage for a week or so and the prior rage is forgotten. It tells me that your crowd doesn't really believe all the stuff they are raging about.
If you’re such a great political analyst, then why don't you work at a big TV network instead of such a meaningless job going over fake numbers and boring graphs?

bacha29

If you’re such a great political analyst, then why don't you work at a big TV network instead of such a meaningless job going over fake numbers and boring graphs?
He could go to work at Fox & Friends where there's always a vomit can behind the sofa the panelists use during commercial breaks after feeding the audience a bunch of bovine feces they don't even believe themselves.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
He could go to work at Fox & Friends where there's always a vomit can behind the sofa the panelists use during commercial breaks after feeding the audience a bunch of bovine feces they don't even believe themselves.
You’d be screaming impeachment if Trump lied as much as you did in your last post.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
That's not supporting Smith. That's pointing out the reality of what people want vs what the company can afford. You show me where the money is coming from to give everyone UPS wages and benefits.

You're illustrating my point by buying into Fred's pleas of poverty. This line of BS has been going for 46 years and counting.

As always, the con artist has willing victims like yourself who provide them excuses.

You're doing it for Trump just like you always have for Fred.

vantexan

You're illustrating my point by buying into Fred's pleas of poverty. This line of BS has been going for 46 years and counting.

As always, the con artist has willing victims like yourself who provide them excuses.

You're doing it for Trump just like you always have for Fred.
How thick between the ears are you? I've pointed this out before. What does FedEx gross annually, about $60 Billion? About half goes to payroll. Most of the rest goes to fuel, buying jets, trucks, equipment, uniforms, bldg leases, and many other things. How much profit is left? Even if they gave the employees every cent of profit it wouldn't come close to giving everyone UPS pay and benefits. Nowhere near. As long as FedEx flies most of it's freight it will never be able to match UPS in pay. Hate me for saying it, but it's the truth, and I think you know it. You're driven by hatred, and don't care. Why did Smith fight a union so hard? Because he knows a union would destroy the company. They absolutely should honor the new pay plan. Going back to 2% raises in this economy is B.S.. But a striking union would do the same to FedEx that it did to Emery back in the 80's.

bacha29

How thick between the ears are you? I've pointed this out before. What does FedEx gross annually, about $60 Billion? About half goes to payroll. Most of the rest goes to fuel, buying jets, trucks, equipment, uniforms, bldg leases, and many other things. How much profit is left? Even if they gave the employees every cent of profit it wouldn't come close to giving everyone UPS pay and benefits. Nowhere near. As long as FedEx flies most of it's freight it will never be able to match UPS in pay. Hate me for saying it, but it's the truth, and I think you know it. You're driven by hatred, and don't care. Why did Smith fight a union so hard? Because he knows a union would destroy the company. They absolutely should honor the new pay plan. Going back to 2% raises in this economy is B.S.. But a striking union would do the same to FedEx that it did to Emery back in the 80's.
I see that your skills as a corporate apologist have not diminished. In fact they're so good that they give you a seat on the board of directors.

vantexan

I see that your skills as a corporate apologist have not diminished. In fact they're so good that they give you a seat on the board of directors.
By the way, why is it you rant against the company all the time yet are investing in it? That's just weird.

bacha29

By the way, why is it you rant against the company all the time yet are investing in it? That's just weird.
Seems bizarre doesn't it but no more so than your defense of it given your lamentations regarding it's devaluation of your pension plan along with what you believed to be treatment that was grossly unfair.

PA to Stay

He was withholding $390M in aid, and specifically asked for an investigation of the Bidens. Are you reading the Alternative Universe Version? Plus, why did the White House go to extraordinary means to try and hide it?

What I said about the South seems to be ringing true.
He was withholding the aid , like he has done with all foreign aid, since he has been in office.In this case, it was waiting for the europeans to get on board and assist also. It was NOT a pro quid pro. You have to read and comprehend for yourself and not just believe because you "saw it on TV". Just saying.......

vantexan

They sure had enough money to build up FedEx Ground.
They had enough by holding down our pay. Ground has made them more profitable, and they greatly improved pay for Express employees. Now they are reneging, at least this year. But where is the money to pay UPS wages and benefits? It will take substantially more than the profit they're making.

vantexan

Seems bizarre doesn't it but no more so than your defense of it given your lamentations regarding it's devaluation of your pension plan along with what you believed to be treatment that was grossly unfair.
That still doesn't conjure up the money needed to pay UPS pay and benefits. As a matter of fact if they did throw all the profit at the employees there would be no dividend, no incentive for Wall Street to buy the stock, and the stock price would greatly decline. Would you buy it then?

Cactus

They had enough by holding down our pay. Ground has made them more profitable, and they greatly improved pay for Express employees. Now they are reneging, at least this year. But where is the money to pay UPS wages and benefits? It will take substantially more than the profit they're making.

That still doesn't conjure up the money needed to pay UPS pay and benefits. As a matter of fact if they did throw all the profit at the employees there would be no dividend, no incentive for Wall Street to buy the stock, and the stock price would greatly decline. Would you buy it then?
Sorry but we’ll have to agree to disagree on this. Fred likes to play the “Penthouse Pauper” especially with his employees. He’s never told us everything.

Furthermore, aren’t people buying UPS stock and THEY pay UPS wages. Think about it.

vantexan

Sorry but we’ll have to agree to disagree on this. Fred likes to play the “Penthouse Pauper” especially with his employees. He’s never told us everything.

Furthermore, aren’t people buying UPS stock and THEY pay UPS wages. Think about it.
He's never told us everything? You do realize that companies are under strict reporting guidelines? They aren't hiding tons of money. That's the role of accountants, to report everything to the government for tax purposes. Even if Fred had a secret slush fund it would have to be small in comparison to revenue, otherwise red flags would be raised. Fred and his execs make plenty without resorting to trying to get one over on government auditors.

You have to understand the symbiotic relationship between corporations and Wall Street. The corporations pay dividends every quarter. The big funds buy a lot of stock before the payout to get the dividend. The demand drives up the stock price. Corporate executives then exercise their stock options to take advantage of the higher price. Take away the dividend and Wall Street looks elsewhere.

And dividends are just a part of the overall profit. If a company grosses $60 billion, pays close to $30 Billion on payroll, and after all expenses has how much profit, 3 billion, 4? How is that going to pay UPS type wages and benefits? UPS can pay that because their overall expenses are much less than FedEx due to trucking most of their freight. It's why FedEx got into the Ground business to begin with. Unless FedEx operates entirely like UPS they just aren't going to be able to pay as much. The only real choice a FedEx courier has is to go into management or find another job that pays better, or stay as a FedEx courier. Which to me is paying decent these days IF the company sticks to the pay plan. Taking from the couriers because they want to keep Wall Street happy with the profits after THEY made a mistake buying TNT is unacceptable. But they hold all the cards so what can couriers do?

Last edited:

Cactus

He's never told us everything? You do realize that companies are under strict reporting guidelines? They aren't hiding tons of money. That's the role of accountants, to report everything to the government for tax purposes. Even if Fred had a secret slush fund it would have to be small in comparison to revenue, otherwise red flags would be raised. Fred and his execs make plenty without resorting to trying to get one over on government auditors.

You have to understand the symbiotic relationship between corporations and Wall Street. The corporations pay dividends every quarter. The big funds buy a lot of stock before the payout to get the dividend. The demand drives up the stock price. Corporate executives then exercise their stock options to take advantage of the higher price. Take away the dividend and Wall Street looks elsewhere.

And dividends are just a part of the overall profit. If a company grosses $60 billion, pays close to $30 Billion on payroll, and after all expenses has how much profit, 3 billion, 4? How is that going to pay UPS type wages and benefits? UPS can pay that because their overall expenses are much less than FedEx due to trucking most of their freight. It's why FedEx got into the Ground business to begin with. Unless FedEx operates entirely like UPS they just aren't going to be able to pay as much. The only real choice a FedEx courier has is to go into management or find another job that pays better, or stay as a FedEx courier. Which to me is paying decent these days IF the company sticks to the pay plan. Taking from the couriers because they want to keep Wall Street happy with the profits after THEY made a mistake buying TNT is unacceptable. But they hold all the cards so what can couriers do?
I still ain’t buying it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Think of a solid lead cube covered with 6 feet of concrete. Over that, apply a continuous layer of tinfoil with a coat hanger antenna.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

It doesn't take a political analyst to recognize that they get outraged over one thing, then move on to the next, etc. It's so obvious even you could probably realize it if you were a little smarter.