"Fred Shrugged"

quadro

Sorry, but it is that simple. Too bad you don't get it.
Simple is as simple does. Show me a CEO who is involved in the day to day operations (which was my question - how is Fred involved in the day to day operations). Most (all?) CEO's are too busy with long range planning, corporate strategy, etc, etc. to be involved with day to day operations. Even the best CEO's can have poor managers who do a poor job. The poor job that they do is what employees see on a daily basis, not what the CEO planned for 15 years down the road.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Simple is as simple does. Show me a CEO who is involved in the day to day operations (which was my question - how is Fred involved in the day to day operations). Most (all?) CEO's are too busy with long range planning, corporate strategy, etc, etc. to be involved with day to day operations. Even the best CEO's can have poor managers who do a poor job. The poor job that they do is what employees see on a daily basis, not what the CEO planned for 15 years down the road.

It's still Fred's show. Our day to day philosophy of treating employees like crap while simultaneously extracting their souls comes straight from Freddy.

quadro

I'm just curious but what makes you guys think that Fred actually has anything to do with the day to day operations and the way you are or are not treated? I'm not saying you do or do not have legitimate gripes but surely you have to realize that the people creating your concerns are a few steps below Fred on the ladder?

Sure it is.

You sound like you're second guessing yourself.
Not second guessing myself. Seeing as you back button appears to be broken, I've quoted my original question. Fred is a long way removed from your manager and how you get treated which is why I asked what makes you think that Fred actually has anything to do with the day to day operations and the way you are or are not treated? I'll put it another way, Fred has no idea if you hit your goal or not and if you don't he has no idea what your manager is doing to fix that.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Not second guessing myself. Seeing as you back button appears to be broken, I've quoted my original question. Fred is a long way removed from your manager and how you get treated which is why I asked what makes you think that Fred actually has anything to do with the day to day operations and the way you are or are not treated? I'll put it another way, Fred has no idea if you hit your goal or not and if you don't he has no idea what your manager is doing to fix that.

He doesn't know or care but, he still calls the shots, he's got us micromanged which I'm sure that's Fred's idea to begin with.

The managers and the upper mangement are following his letter of the law like all of his puppets do.

vantexan

vantexan

It's Fred who appears before Congress trying to keep our RLA exemption. It's his vision of how employees should be compensated. Do you think he would be shocked, saying something like "They're only getting paid how much?" He's very much involved primarily because he receives more dividends than anyone thus he has a vested interest in keeping profits high, even at our expense. He may pay others to run the show, but ultimately they stay or go depending on his happiness with their results.

quadro

It's Fred who appears before Congress trying to keep our RLA exemption. It's his vision of how employees should be compensated. Do you think he would be shocked, saying something like "They're only getting paid how much?" He's very much involved primarily because he receives more dividends than anyone thus he has a vested interest in keeping profits high, even at our expense. He may pay others to run the show, but ultimately they stay or go depending on his happiness with their results.
Like it or not, it is his company and you are free to create your own multi-billion dollar company if you want. As far as who stays and goes, his hand would only be involved in a very small percentage (less than 1%) of that.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Like it or not, it is his company and you are free to create your own multi-billion dollar company if you want. As far as who stays and goes, his hand would only be involved in a very small percentage (less than 1%) of that.

Less than 1%? Do you have anything to back that up? No. Then it's just your misinformed opinion you're throwing out, right? Talk about a hypocrite.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is

This is like arguing with a drunk.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You'd think more clearly if you'd wipe the brown off your nose. With apologies to the Brown folk who provide this forum!

May I suggest that for the sake of safety we equip Purple Promise Butt Kissers (PPBK) with neon orange flags so nobody trips over them when they're down there doing their "work"?

vantexan

May I suggest that for the sake of safety we equip Purple Promise Butt Kissers (PPBK) with neon orange flags so nobody trips over them when they're down there doing their "work"?

Along with some of those safety triangles set every few feet, lol.

LTFedExer

Less than 1%? Do you have anything to back that up? No. Then it's just your misinformed opinion you're throwing out, right? Talk about a hypocrite.
He merely stated that Fred doesn't have his hand in the hiring and firing. Less than 1% might be a good number.
This is like arguing with a drunk.
Lol....

quadro

Oh so it's ok for you to give uninformed opinions but not for anyone else? Let's look at some simple facts. For the sake of round numbers, let's say there are 200,000 FedEx employees. 1% of that is (do I need to wait for you to get a calculator?) 2000. There aren't 2000 people that report directly to Fred. There aren't even 1000. Fred doesn't get involved with GFT's either so it's not like he has any say in those. So, there you go. Facts that support my position that his hand would be involved in less than 1% of who stays and who goes.