• No sales guy im sorry but maybe i try again

Votes: 15 78.9%

• Total voters
Why? Moreluck does it all the time.

Hard to tell who is more annoying.

Red-X.png

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
Most of the sales leads we turn in are smaller businesses I've had many of them tell me how hard it is to get ahold of their rep when they have a problem. You want us to get these new accounts but it seems once we get the account they are forgotten or maybe just ignored because they aren't generating the numbers expected by someone sitting behind a computer in an office somewhere. I think if the reps worked as hard at keeping them as we did getting them , there would be more leads.

Maybe they need to get on a route and get dirty and do some real work , then maybe they will appreciate our customers as much as we do.

I have to agree with this. It's hard to grow the business when our even our present customers aren't being taken care of by the rep. I have one pickup in particular that ships a good amount of ground and he tells me the Fedex rep comes by every week trying to get him to switch. Meanwhile he says the UPS rep hasn't been seen in over 2 months. Thank God they're loyal UPS customers but most businesses aren't like that. If we're gonna grow the company we gotta take care of business at home across all fronts FIRST. I have no problem doing my part in handing in a few leads a month but everyone then has to do their part. That means you sales guys give them something to work with that's competitive with Fedex, and the reps then have to actually visit the businesses often enough to make them feel like we care.

overflowed

Maybe if UPS hired people with basic grammar and spelling skills we would have more sales leads...
Has Munbai written all over this one. So your corporate wants you to help with sales so they send someone who cannot speak the English language to try to convince you to on a non UPS website. Because it cost a little less. Classy. All out of touch with reality. Fedex move right there.

clean hairy

Like it or not we are all responsible for submitting sales leads.
I have to disagree. I see nothing about sales leads in my job description.
If I ever do, then I will use my time on the clock to see about sales leads.
Until then, asking me to pester businesses to do business with us on my personal time?
Keep dreaming!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have to disagree. I see nothing about sales leads in my job description.
If I ever do, then I will use my time on the clock to see about sales leads.
Until then, asking me to pester businesses to do business with us on my personal time?
Keep dreaming!

Every sales lead that I have submitted has been done on company time.

hardcharger

I just had another customer tell me yesterday that they are ready to switch over to fed ex bec their rep never has time to help them. Any small thing and they are referred to some book or manual. The owner really likes ups but with the way they are or aren't being treated , he told me he has everything in place to switch over. I told my boss about it and he says " yea we've heard this before about this rep"! WTF?? Come on. We are shooting ourselves in the foot.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I just had another customer tell me yesterday that they are ready to switch over to fed ex bec their rep never has time to help them. Any small thing and they are referred to some book or manual. The owner really likes ups but with the way they are or aren't being treated , he told me he has everything in place to switch over. I told my boss about it and he says " yea we've heard this before about this rep"! WTF?? Come on. We are shooting ourselves in the foot.

You need to submit a retention lead this morning. Retention leads are given priority over other sales leads as these are customers that have expressed a desire to divert their business to a direct competitor.

hardcharger

Never heard of that. Who do I talk to about this? I told my center manager so I figured he'd take the necessary steps. He told me there would be a different rep going to see the customer but we will see.