"Freedom of Speech"; When am I "Free", to speak my mind?

Big Babooba

In other words, he probably threw it. LOL
I prefer the drop kick. The sight of a package, spinning end over end, making a perfect arc through the air is in itself a beautiful sight. Extra points if you can get it to land on the porch roof! Double extra points if you can get it through an open window.(If the window is closed, pull up details in the DIAD and enter not found then plead the 5th!) Triple extra points if you can hit a sleeping dog. If the dog is awake - quadruple points are to be awarded but you better run like hell! If you hit the consignee, you better make sure that you finish him/her off! (no points awarded)

bina60

What you do on your time is none of UPS's business! As far as speaking with management always ask, "May I speak freely". They also say yes because they want you to speak hoping to catch you saying or doing something wrong. Once they say yes they can't bring up insubordination. If they say no, Don't speak to them. Generally I would just not talk to them.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What you do on your time is none of UPS's business! As far as speaking with management always ask, "May I speak freely". They also say yes because they want you to speak hoping to catch you saying or doing something wrong. Once they say yes they can't bring up insubordination. If they say no, Don't speak to them. Generally I would just not talk to them.

Yes and no. Yes you are allowed to do whatever you want on your own time just as long as it does not impact your employer in a negative way.

30 years is a long time not to talk to your center team.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
This thread brings up a thought. I wonder what the company would say or do if a UPSer and a FEDEXr were dating or married. Would UPS think :its_all_good: ?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
This thread brings up a thought. I wonder what the company would say or do if a UPSer and a FEDEXr were dating or married. Would UPS think :its_all_good: ?
Very interesting. I wonder if there are any couples like this somewhere. Hey, all UPS people married, dating or otherwise intimately connected to a competitor, let us here from you. I think I'll start a thread.:happy2:

over9five

Staff member
I used to have a supervisor who was married to a Fedex driver. Common knowledge, not a problem.

He was "one of the good guys", and I wish he was still here!

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Guess who got canned the next morning.

I'm not Boyd. I heard the company in question was furious over the article, and the driver was fired. That's all I know.

As UPS employees we represent our employer and, yes, our freedom of speech is limited. I looked at the picture and all I saw was a little girl pretending to be a grown up. I do think our driver was out of line for expressing his opinion but am torn as to whether he should have lost his job over that or not.

Wrongful firing. I forsee rehiring and backpay.

UPDATE: The driver in question is back to work. I don't know if he got backpay or if he is on the same route though.

Sent from my DIAD IV using tapatalk

I think his local let him down then.
I think that the International has let us all down and that's where it starts. It seems like everyone always wants to blame the local union but last time I checked only about 2% of the members are actually involved. These other 98% are really mesters not TEAMSTERS who jump of the Lynch mob band wagon and cact stones.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I couldn't agree with you more 407. I haven't seen a BA in 6-8 months and my steward has been out just as much. Mgt is running amok and I have no recourse. Filing grievances is a joke. I have several out right now and some of them are months old. I sent an email to my BA this morning begging him to show up here for a change. :biting:

I couldn't agree with you more 407. I haven't seen a BA in 6-8 months and my steward has been out just as much. Mgt is running amok and I have no recourse. Filing grievances is a joke. I have several out right now and some of them are months old. I sent an email to my BA this morning begging him to show up here for a change. :biting:

I think we`ve found the new AZ steward!