Freight

Oceanview

I feel like ups is getting away with a lot lately. 1.5 years and I already see how this business operates. Operations could run much smoother if someone was to actually be realistic and ran real #’s. I just want my piece of the pie. I feel like the generation has no back bones. I feel like the next contract is going to be a strike, I’m sure there gunning for the pension 5 years from now.. but what do I know??...

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I feel like ups is getting away with a lot lately. 1.5 years and I already see how this business operates. Operations could run much smoother if someone was to actually be realistic and ran real #’s. I just want my piece of the pie. I feel like the generation has no back bones. I feel like the next contract is going to be a strike, I’m sure there gunning for the pension 5 years from now.. but what do I know??...

It's hard to know what the right thing to do is when you have poor leadership who is lying to you. The next crop of leaders will have their work cut out for them with the terrible shape the current crop is leaving the Union in. A strike may be unavoidable. Start preparing now, and get all your coworkers to prepare as well. UPS will make it more difficult for us to save up for a strike with the 22.4's, but we still have 4+ years to work on it.

jaker

trolling
But seriously what was the good and bad in the contract, I will admit that I was so caught up with ours that I have no clue about yours . Sorry I wished I did because at least you stood up

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I know a few lost their job because of this BS. The way to shave employment just for voicing their right
02CC2979-EEEB-470F-8CEA-D4498520353A.gif

rod

Retired 22 years

By the end of this coming 5 year contract the troops will be even bigger pansies. From what I've witnessed since I retired it appears there is ziltch, nada, nothing, zero left of anything resembling a back bone amongst the hourly. UPS has found the secret to getting a contract favorable to their side --keep them running scared. If you people got taken to the cleaners during a record setting financial climate like we have today can you imaging what is going to happen down the road if things take a little nose dive. Of all years to make GAINS in your contract this SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE YEAR for both Package and Freight.

Indecisi0n

By the end of this coming 5 year contract the troops will be even bigger pansies. From what I've witnessed since I retired it appears there is ziltch, nada, nothing, zero left of anything resembling a back bone amongst the hourly. UPS has found the secret to getting a contract favorable to their side --keep them running scared. If you people got taken to the cleaners during a record setting financial climate like we have today can you imaging what is going to happen down the road if things take a little nose dive. Of all years to make GAINS in your contract this SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE YEAR for both Package and Freight.
I agree 100%. As I see all you old heads retire who fought for so many years to get what we have we are left with snowflake bitches who only care about themselves and no one else. They are not will to sacrifice long days to prove points and stand up for the guys next to them. So we are left with these pusillanimous. I tip my hat to you guys for everything that you have accomplished. My only hope is that after they snowflakes get take advantage over and over again that maybe one day the light bulb will go off and they will wake up. One can only hope.

rod

Retired 22 years
I agree 100%. As I see all you old heads retire who fought for so many years to get what we have we are left with snowflake bitches who only care about themselves and no one else. They are not will to sacrifice long days to prove points and stand up for the guys next to them. So we are left with these pusillanimous. I tip my hat to you guys for everything that you have accomplished. My only hope is that after they snowflakes get take advantage over and over again that maybe one day the light bulb will go off and they will wake up. One can only hope.

You can always dream. Unfortunately I'm a firm believer that Unions, for the most part, will probably disappear before things turn around again. Maybe in the future when Joe Schumck owes his sole to the company store and 8 year old kids are working the mines again people will finally wake up. I'm sure I will get some "funny" charms out of this but its really not. Sad is a better word.