Frequently Asked Questions About the union

vantexan

Wow. That is assumin alot. Just how "deocratic" can the principles be if there has been absolutely no push to remove contracting as a method of business in...well forever? Go back and research some years friend the names I mentioned, all of them Democrats and all of them very business friendly. You can call contracting a "Republican" model and you may find alot of republics cans who are democrats, but what makes the model Republican? And the only "credentials" I have is my voting record.

​Ronald Reagan.

MAKAVELI

The federal fuel tax is actually less than half of the total taxes paid per gallon of fuel. The majority of the taxes are put on by the individual states. Which Obama has no control over.

And profit per gallon is less than the taxes per gallon. Apparently you think they are supposed to spend billions on equipment, payroll, exploration, distribution, refinement without making a profit. And by the way the oil industry is pretty generous to it's employees.
Are you fuc kin serious? Big oil makes record profits every year. Billions. They have no problem making a profit.

bbsam

Staff member
Contracting is fine, so I'm not objecting to that method of business. However, the Ground business model doesn't exactly synch with Democratic principles.

if it makes you feel better, if Dick Durbin calls and the offers me a lateral pay transfer into his office, I will be there in the morning.

And I think you are giving the powerful democrats a pass where they don't deserve it. They are the n a position to bring changes should they want to.

MAKAVELI

Just like a republican to blame labor for businesses going bankrupt or city workers for a city that was probably one of the areas hit hardest by the recession. You need to do some research first before you make :censored2: comments like that. You only make yourself and others that think like you look ignorant.

Get it straight from the liberals's mouth. Google Stockton CA bankruptcy pensions and look at the article from the Huffington Post describing in detail how Stockton mismanaged it's finances. Your problem son is you think there's an endless stream of money that someone is denying you access to. In the case of gov't employees the pensions, healthcare, etc come from our taxes, not from an industry selling products. And in a down economy all that generosity catches up with you.
I know what happened in Stockton. I live in California. The entire central valley was hit hard from the housing bubble and recession. Stockton bankruptcy was a result a perfect storm of a huge economic downturn, and housing bubble. They had the highest unemployment rate and housing foreclosure rate in CA and in the top percentage in the nation.

vantexan

I'm not advocating for purity tests or other ridiculous ideas. Just pointing out that a lot of today's "Democrats" seem OK with Republican-style ideas as far as workers are concerned. Apparently, that includes you. Liberal Democrats advocate for middle-class jobs. Ground jobs are not middle-class.

​Liberal Democrats advocate for "social justice" and income redistribution at the expense of the middle class.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
​Liberal Democrats advocate for "social justice" and income redistribution at the expense of the middle class.

Uh, no. They advocate for "social justice" ( a bit too strongly), but want to accomplish it through a level playing field, equal opportunity, and equal obligation to the society as a whole. In other words, the rich get to pay their fair share Bucko.

vantexan

Are you fuc kin serious? Big oil makes record profits every year. Billions. They have no problem making a profit.

Who said they had trouble making a profit? You probably didn't cry for them when oil was $10 a barrel, did you? My point is you make them sound as if every penny you pay at the pump is going into their pocket. Obama & company aren't satisfied with current prices though. They want gas alot higher. Before you protest I've heard Obama say so several times. Someone tell me how that helps the middle class?

vantexan

Uh, no. They advocate for "social justice" ( a bit too strongly), but want to accomplish it through a level playing field, equal opportunity, and equal obligation to the society as a whole. In other words, the rich get to pay their fair share Bucko.

As the rich already pay the bulk of the income tax trying to make them pay more is confiscatory. I'll happily agree with you that the crooked wealthy deserve to be soaked if you'll admit that liberal leadership uses the victim card to get votes.

MAKAVELI

Who said they had trouble making a profit? You probably didn't cry for them when oil was $10 a barrel, did you? My point is you make them sound as if every penny you pay at the pump is going into their pocket. Obama company aren't satisfied with current prices though. They want gas alot higher. Before you protest I've heard Obama say so several times.
Dude you are so full of sh it, it's coming out your ears. Next you're going to say Obama really is a Muslim. Why do you have such a hard-on for big oil? Why do you feel the need to defend them?

vantexan

I know what happened in Stockton. I live in California. The entire central valley was hit hard from the housing bubble and recession. Stockton bankruptcy was a result a perfect storm of a huge economic downturn, and housing bubble. They had the highest unemployment rate and housing foreclosure rate in CA and in the top percentage in the nation.

And guess what? They were extremely generous with their 75% pensions and lifetime free healthcare and got bit by it. This isn't rocket science. And I can read the Huffington Post as easily in Tennessee as you can in California. And by the way alot of places got hit hard by the housing bubble and recession. Florida for example. Where are all the other bankruptcies? Amazing to me how you and others always gravitate towards the extremely generous pay and benefits and put down fiscal responsibility.

vantexan

Dude you are so full of sh it, it's coming out your ears. Next you're going to say Obama really is a Muslim. Why do you have such a hard-on for big oil? Why do you feel the need to defend them?

I follow the commodities markets and oil really was at $10 a barrel about 12 or so years ago. They were losing money those days. And I could care less about big oil, what I care about is high prices. Y'all say you care about the middle class and yet Obama's energy policies hurt the middle class. And as a FedEx courier you need to realize as long as FedEx is paying through the nose for fuel there's little chance we'll ever see better raises. Save the spiel about how FedEx doesn't want to pay, in the real world high prices reduce the amount of money they can pay elsewhere.

MAKAVELI

And guess what? They were extremely generous with their 75% pensions and lifetime free healthcare and got but by it. This isn't rocket science. And I can read the Huffington Post as easily in Tennessee as you can in California. And by the way alot of places got hit hard by the housing bubble and recession. Florida for example. Where are all the other bankruptcies? Amazing to me how you and others always gravitate towards the extremely generous pay and benefits and put down fiscal responsibility.
The only ones seeing those pensions and medical would be public safety and possibly management, not the general employees. Pretty common for local and state government in California. Again I will tell you they went bankrupt because they had no revenue coming in to pay their obligations. No jobs = no money being spent at local businesses= loss of more jobs= businesses being shut down= foreclosed homes= no tax revenue for the city. Understand? Stockton was already not the most desirable area to live. One of the highest murder rates in the country. And this domino effect just toppled that house of cards.

vantexan

The only ones seeing those pensions and medical would be public safety and possibly management, not the general employees. Pretty common for local and state government in California. Again I will tell you they went bankrupt because they had no revenue coming in to pay their obligations. No jobs = no money being spent at local businesses= loss of more jobs= businesses being shut down= foreclosed homes= no tax revenue for the city. Understand? Stockton was already not the most desirable area to live. One of the highest murder rates in the country. And this domino effect just toppled that house of cards.

​I will agree with you on "house of cards".

MAKAVELI

​I will agree with you on "house of cards".
You might get a better idea of Stockton and its troubles if you read the wiki article.

MAKAVELI

I follow the commodities markets and oil really was at $10 a barrel about 12 or so years ago. They were losing money those days. And I could care less about big oil, what I care about is high prices. Y'all say you care about the middle class and yet Obama's energy policies hurt the middle class. And as a FedEx courier you need to realize as long as FedEx is paying through the nose for fuel there's little chance we'll ever see better raises. Save the spiel about how FedEx doesn't want to pay, in the real world high prices reduce the amount of money they can pay elsewhere.
Um that's why they have a fuel surcharge and raise their rates every year.

bbsam

Staff member
You asked for the model Republican, who, by the way, beat Obama in a poll the other day asking who would you vote for between the two? 58% to 42%...

well make it fair. Go dead president to dead president. FDR vs Reagan. Or JFK vs REAGAN. Either way, it"s memory vs fact.