From RPCD to 22.3

Scuderia

I’ve been driving for 1 year (full time utility), but I have a health condition that will prevent me from doing this long term. I would like to get a 22.3 combo job, but I’m worried about my hourly wage being decreased; currently red circled at $23 an hour. I don’t mind if it’s frozen until I hit top rate, but if they cut it by several dollars I might have to rethink this and become a driver on permanent “light-duty”, until I hit 4 years FT progression. I would rather go 22.3 and let a healthier PT take my job.

The master and my local rider seems to say different things.

In the master, I think it says I’ll be slotted in the 22.3 pay progression and given a pay cut of several dollars.
munYeXH_d.jpg

In my local rider it says I’ll be at top rate, but will be locked into 22.3 jobs forever.
PTmAHlN_d.jpg

So which is it? Hourly wage cut? Froze/red-circled? Moved to top rate?!?!?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I’ve been driving for 1 year (full time utility), but I have a health condition that will prevent me from doing this long term. I would like to get a 22.3 combo job, but I’m worried about my hourly wage being decreased; currently red circled at $23 an hour. I don’t mind if it’s frozen until I hit top rate, but if they cut it by several dollars I might have to rethink this and become a driver on permanent “light-duty”, until I hit 4 years FT progression. I would rather go 22.3 and let a healthier PT take my job.

In the master, I think it says I’ll be slotted in the 22.3 pay progression and given a pay cut of several dollars.
munYeXH_d.jpg

In my local rider it says I’ll be at top rate, but will be locked into 22.3 jobs forever.
PTmAHlN_d.jpg

Do you have 15 years of company seniority?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Just wanted to be sure you had the years in to even be discussing it. First I would tell you that you need to ask your BA to see how it has been done in the past. Based solely on a direct interpretation of the language you provided, it looks like you should go straight to top scale for 22.3 employees. I'm too tired to double check, but I don't think the master language in that article overrides local language.

Scuderia

Just wanted to be sure you had the years in to even be discussing it. First I would tell you that you need to ask your BA to see how it has been done in the past. Based solely on a direct interpretation of the language you provided, it looks like you should go straight to top scale for 22.3 employees. I'm too tired to double check, but I don't think the master language in that article overrides local language.

Thanks, hopefully you’re right.

Scuderia

Permanent “light duty?”

where and how does one obtain this.

I know a driver who everyone says has been pulling it off for years. Guys with more seniority would get loaned out while he did BS work in the center lol. I can’t do the job, and trying to give my spot to someone who can.

What'dyabringmetoday???

munYeXH_d.jpg

PTmAHlN_d.jpg

If you can't drive, how do you know that you can work full-time inside? Just curious.

DriverNerd

If you can't drive, how do you know that you can work full-time inside? Just curious.

That's a good question. Only advantage I can see is being able to work less hours/being higher in seniority for going home. I don't see how it would be less taxing on your body unless you somehow snagged one of those rare combos with easy jobs.

That's a good question. Only advantage I can see is being able to work less hours/being higher in seniority for going home. I don't see how it would be less taxing on your body unless you somehow snagged one of those rare combos with easy jobs.
Less hours, sure 40/hrs a week. If you are guaranteed 40 hours, you are going to work 40 hours.

Scuderia

Its a combination of things. My body has a very painful reaction to stress. Like 7-8 level pain. Some days are better some days horrible. Some days I don’t sleep at all because of the pain.

One of the times they loaned me to another center, that center put my on a blind route with 300 stops. Then they proceeded to send me 5 on calls, but that area is very hard to move because traffic is horrific. And the office bitch kept calling me about getting there on time while I was sitting in traffic. I damn near called 911 that day, the pain was so bad.

I can unload trailers all day, that’s a piece of cake. It’s the stress my body can’t handle. I just wanna be pain free. I pretty much don’t care about anything else at this point.

DriverNerd

Its a combination of things. My body has a very painful reaction to stress. Like 7-8 level pain. Some days are better some days horrible. Some days I don’t sleep at all because of the pain.

One of the times they loaned me to another center, that center put my on a blind route with 300 stops. Then they proceeded to send me 5 on calls, but that area is very hard to move because traffic is horrific. And the office bitch kept calling me about getting there on time while I was sitting in traffic. I damn near called 911 that day, the pain was so bad.

I can unload trailers all day, that’s a piece of cake. It’s the stress my body can’t handle. I just wanna be pain free. I pretty much don’t care about anything else at this point.

Ok, stress is a given, but you're putting that on yourself. I'm not saying you should or should not go combo, but you need to see a doctor. Everybody is wired different. My stress level as a driver never goes above a 3 out of 10, and that's when I'm crabby. I simply don't let things bother me. You want me to do a 400 stop route blind? No problem, see you in 14 with 100 stops left. Not my problem. You should adopt that attitude. If you can't, maybe you need some anxiety meds. I'm sure if you told your doctor that stress caused you physical pain like that you'd get a prescription fast. Like I said before, I'm not telling you to stay as a driver. It's your life, do what you want with it, that will make you happy.

Scuderia

Ok, stress is a given, but you're putting that on yourself. I'm not saying you should or should not go combo, but you need to see a doctor. Everybody is wired different. My stress level as a driver never goes above a 3 out of 10, and that's when I'm crabby. I simply don't let things bother me. You want me to do a 400 stop route blind? No problem, see you in 14 with 100 stops left. Not my problem. You should adopt that attitude. If you can't, maybe you need some anxiety meds. I'm sure if you told your doctor that stress caused you physical pain like that you'd get a prescription fast. Like I said before, I'm not telling you to stay as a driver. It's your life, do what you want with it, that will make you happy.

Im not taking meds dude. Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. No kids, no debt, just my girl, who has been pushing me to do something else. The world doesn’t revolve around UPS and driving.

DriverNerd

Im not taking meds dude. Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. No kids, no debt, just my girl, who has been pushing me to do something else. The world doesn’t revolve around UPS and driving.

Don't take it as an attack on you. Everyone's different. If you don't want to take any medication then don't. I was just trying to help.