FT to PT

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Unfortunately it is in their interest to get people to quit entirely if they don't like their FT gig than to drop down to PT because then you stop accumulating seniority raises and pension.
getting rehired can happen 50/50 but seniority wages and benefits reset back to zero in some degree. I am unsure how the pension operates in this circumstance...

KoennenTiger

A few years ago we had this guy finish his packet and it was immediately clear that he was not capable of doing the job. He was not a safe driver, was not smart enough to figure out where to park, was not even remotely close to running scratch, and was having constant panic attacks from the stress.

I don't know how but they let him go back to preload after a week of being an fsp.

542thruNthru

Think about it. Why would you be allowed to quit and the return and keep your seniority.

No, you will start at the bottom making $13 and no benefits.

Think about it. Why would you be allowed to quit and the return and keep your seniority.

No, you will start at the bottom making $13 and no benefits.
In my profession it is common practice to rejoin an organization within 6 to 12 months and keep your seniority. And we are paid based on experience. Obviously very different circumstances which is why I was asking.