Any other centers using AI for their routes

Brownt10

Any other centers using AI to cut runs in their building & lay people off? In our building the FT 22.3’s don’t deliver air most of the time bc their runs get cut so the PT air drivers get to go on road.

10:30 resi

AI couldn't be any worse than the dispatcher we have now. In theory AI learns from its mistakes and gets better over time... It has been proven our dispatcher does not 🤷

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Any other centers using AI to cut runs in their building & lay people off? In our building the FT 22.3’s don’t deliver air most of the time bc their runs get cut so the PT air drivers get to go on road.
Grieve it. Your 22.3 guaranteed 8. Is this 22.3 an inside/inside job or Article 40 Combo Air job?

542thruNthru

Here the company is in the process of trying to put all air on RPCD trucks. This is happening in centers that don't have AI as well.

Looks like the company is tired of centers using air drivers to deliver ground so they are trying to just eliminate them completely.

100%ORIONComplianceGuy

25+ Year UPSer and Teamster
The AI (along with rural deferment) has been a disaster in my center. I’m racking up three day per week over 9.5 penalty pay and have plenty of two days per week grievances that SHOULD be paid as well. Those went to penal though.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Lucky. Our cars don't get washed unless drivers do it themselves.
Having to drag a cut car to the wash in the morning due to legitimately unsafe visibility happens a few times every year. Not including afternoon washes. They'll collect dust in the yard and the usual drivers don't touch them otherwise.

Package Stick

"Send it."
We all knew this was coming..

Hold onto your seat belts. :censored2: about to get real. Lots of jobs going bye bye.
They're using AI to "optimize" sleeper runs.

Just like roads (traffic patterns). In IT we have OSPF.

What is the most efficient way to route something from point A to point B?

The IVIS in the future will tell us what path to take. Dispatch management will be eliminated.