FT transfer to another state

I have answers for you...

But..

I can't tell if you are you or him if he or she or what's going on here.

If you'd like to edit so I can be sure to answer you correctly that would be good.

But if you choose not, good luck

Geezas
Sorry for the one typo that said her instead of he?

Seems general consensus is, even hardship likely isn’t worth it - if even possible at all - if I lose my years towards my pension.

Grandmother can’t relocate as she is in a treatment program at UVA and we’re hoping for the best.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I know it gets asked, but honestly I’m not sure where to find the answer since HR is so useless. I’m a FT package driver, and have been FT for 5, soon to be 6 years. I have 8 almost 9 years with the company. My grandmother lives out of state, and her health is rapidly declining. I’d like to try to relocate to help her and have more family around for my kids. My husband would be able to obtain a job relatively easily as her possesses his CDL B. He would be able to help take her to appointments etc. My question is, if he obtains a job out East, preferably TN or VA, would I be eligible for a transfer from the Red River District. I’m ok with losing my seniority as far as routes and vacay, and understand my pension would likely change greatly, but I guess I’m hoping it’s even possible? I’d like to not lose my FT status or 5 years I’ve already invested.
UPS WILL BE THERE FOREVER

unfortunately grandma will not

no transferring allowed , stay put , DONT throw away 10 years of seniority.
🧔‍♂️✊

UPS WILL BE THERE FOREVER

unfortunately grandma will not

no transferring allowed , stay put , DONT throw away 10 years of seniority.
🧔‍♂️✊
Correct. Going to look into FMLA for when she needs help after treatment. Long drive but a week here or there unpaid to be there for her is worth it to us.
Thank you!

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Sorry for the one typo that said her instead of he?

Seems general consensus is, even hardship likely isn’t worth it - if even possible at all - if I lose my years towards my pension.

Grandmother can’t relocate as she is in a treatment program at UVA and we’re hoping for the best.
Tell hubby to put that CDL to use and go be with your grandmother.

I, along with others, have visited the prospective area and spoke with those who can assist you.

If you are on good terms with your center manager and have any of your hr contact info...

Anything is possible.

If you have been there as long as you say...

Then you should have people who will vouch for you.

Hope this helps

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Correct. Going to look into FMLA for when she needs help after treatment. Long drive but a week here or there unpaid to be there for her is worth it to us.
Thank you!
Ok , well staffing is tight right now and we really need you at work. If your going to pull the FMLA card we will be trying to fire you .

🧔‍♂️✊

Ok , well staffing is tight right now and we really need you at work. If your going to pull the FMLA card we will be trying to fire you .

🧔‍♂️✊
Pull the FMLA card? I’m sorry if your center has issues with people abusing FMLA, but with perfect attendance other than when I had my son 2 years ago, it shouldn’t be an issue for me to utilize it. It’s there for a reason. It’s not like it’d be a weekly thing. Besides, if staffing is so tight, maybe there’s a reason for that. Couldn’t have anything to do with new hires being completely incompetent and management expecting senior drivers to carry the workload I’m sure.

Tell hubby to put that CDL to use and go be with your grandmother.

I, along with others, have visited the prospective area and spoke with those who can assist you.

If you are on good terms with your center manager and have any of your hr contact info...

Anything is possible.

If you have been there as long as you say...

Then you should have people who will vouch for you.

Hope this helps
It does actually. While a lot is possible, with this company there tends to be a lot of hard and fast rules. Management tends to be very selective about enforcing some rules/policies.

As far as my husband moving without me to help, that’s a bit difficult as we have no family here. So with UPS hours and kids it can be quite complex. Yes, he will be making the drive some, but he can’t go completely. I do appreciate the feedback.

It does actually. While a lot is possible, with this company there tends to be a lot of hard and fast rules. Management tends to be very selective about enforcing some rules/policies.

As far as my husband moving without me to help, that’s a bit difficult as we have no family here. So with UPS hours and kids it can be quite complex. Yes, he will be making the drive some, but he can’t go completely. I do appreciate the feedback.
Go ask Grandma
I'm pretty sure she would not want you to sacrifice your future

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.

How old is grandma?

Grandmother doesn’t want my future with the company jeopardized, so that’d be why I’m mainly just looking at information. Testing the waters, seeing what all the options are. Grandmother is 76, we do have a lot of family in the area besides her for both me and my husband. So it would be nice having actual family around, like cousins, for my son to grow up with. However, one way or another, I’ll just make the decision that suits my family best.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.

You can always take some leave...

FMLA is an option and is in play for a reason.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I thought it was because of different pension plans also.

That would be a simple task for the negotiating committees to transfer of vested credit years, if they wanted too.

Again a lot of our members are looking out for number one and would have a “hissy fit” if somebody came into their locals with a lot of seniority and bumped them off their routes.

542thruNthru

That would be a simple task for the negotiating committees to transfer of vested credit years, if they wanted too.

Again a lot of our members are looking out for number one and would have a “hissy fit” if somebody came into their locals with a lot of seniority and bumped them off their routes.
Our transfer language puts you at the bottom of the list if you transfer.