FT transfer to another state

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I know it gets asked, but honestly I’m not sure where to find the answer since HR is so useless. I’m a FT package driver, and have been FT for 5, soon to be 6 years. I have 8 almost 9 years with the company. My grandmother lives out of state, and her health is rapidly declining. I’d like to try to relocate to help her and have more family around for my kids. My husband would be able to obtain a job relatively easily as her possesses his CDL B. He would be able to help take her to appointments etc. My question is, if he obtains a job out East, preferably TN or VA, would I be eligible for a transfer from the Red River District. I’m ok with losing my seniority as far as routes and vacay, and understand my pension would likely change greatly, but I guess I’m hoping it’s even possible? I’d like to not lose my FT status or 5 years I’ve already invested.
Quit and hope they’ll rehire you is all ya got

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Grandmother doesn’t want my future with the company jeopardized, so that’d be why I’m mainly just looking at information. Testing the waters, seeing what all the options are. Grandmother is 76, we do have a lot of family in the area besides her for both me and my husband. So it would be nice having actual family around, like cousins, for my son to grow up with. However, one way or another, I’ll just make the decision that suits my family best.
Why not have cousins and aunts and uncles that live near take care of her
Send money to help if need be

542thruNthru

For what? Job preference? or job preference and vacation picks? I can understand job preference. Vacation picks and lay-off are a no no in my book.
You keep all your vacation weeks but drop to the bottom for vacation selection and route bidding. Layoffs as well I believe.

Why not have cousins and aunts and uncles that live near take care of her
Send money to help if need be
Cousins are a bit too young for the care she’s likely going to need after treatment. Aunts and uncles work full time and have families. They’re all going to be pitching in as well, and already helping, but would rather hire help than actually care for her themselves. 🤷‍♀️
As I said, truly just exploring options at this point before I talk with management. She doesn’t need money, but also doesn’t deserve a complete stranger taking care of her in her weakest moments either. That’s all.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Cousins are a bit too young for the care she’s likely going to need after treatment. Aunts and uncles work full time and have families. They’re all going to be pitching in as well, and already helping, but would rather hire help than actually care for her themselves. 🤷‍♀️
As I said, truly just exploring options at this point before I talk with management. She doesn’t need money, but also doesn’t deserve a complete stranger taking care of her in her weakest moments either. That’s all.
Just let Mother Nature take its course