Full-time classification

p body

Hello all, I started working later last year as a part time package handler and just realized the other day that I am on the board for full-time seniority not part-time, I checked on UPSers and it says I'm classified as a full time employee

Does this mean I can ask for full time hours? Can I sign for full time positions?

Is there a possibility it's a mistake and they could revert me? Or am I safe to act like I'm FT and ask for more hrs?

542thruNthru

Hello all, I started working later last year as a part time package handler and just realized the other day that I am on the board for full-time seniority not part-time, I checked on UPSers and it says I'm classified as a full time employee

Does this mean I can ask for full time hours? Can I sign for full time positions?

Is there a possibility it's a mistake and they could revert me? Or am I safe to act like I'm FT and ask for more hrs?
More than likely it's a mistake and they'll change it once you point it out.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

One year in.... and you're already contemplating being dishonest ?

p body

One year in.... and you're already contemplating being dishonest ?

Whose really being dishonest? I was hired full time and wasn't told? Am I being shorted on hours I should otherwise be getting?

Nothing I read in union contracts answers any questions so I came here for answers

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Whose really being dishonest? I was hired full time and wasn't told? Am I being shorted on hours I should otherwise be getting?

Nothing I read in union contracts answers any questions so I came here for answers
Call the union hall and ask for your business agent

Whither

Scofflaw
The gist of your question is.... Did the company screw up, and can I use the Union to help me screw them ?
I know of few better reasons to be in a union, my brother :wink-very:

We all know stories of employees being punished for clerical errors (e.g., accidentally prerecording NDAs that then show as late). What's good for the goose is good for the gander.