Full time delivery driver positions on UPSjobs.com

DWall88

What's up everybody?

I'm currently a package handler at the hub in South Las Vegas, NV. I'm leaving this week to pursue a career driving trucks since I recently acquired a CDL. I wanted to make it work but I'm going through a bad divorce that's costing a lot of money via legal fees, upcoming child support payments, etc. I had to do what was best for my kids.

I looked tonight on upsjobs and saw 2 full time driver spots being offered in areas close to my children. I know the areas as well. It would be a dream come true if I got one of those spots. I'd be with a company I'd want to be with and I'd be close to my kids again.

My question I'm throwing out to y'all is are these full time positions legit? I know that's a weird question but knowing what I know now about seniority in UPS and how a lot of guys bust their asses for years slinging packages to get this opportunity, for it to be just handed to you; I'd imagine there has to be strings attached or something I'm not aware of.

If anybody has any advice, feel free to chime in.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
It really depends on the area, and whether they are posted for inside or outside hire. Call HR in the center that is hiring to get an idea of what they need, and tell them your situation and what you are looking to do. Take whatever they tell you and discuss it with your BA, then go from there.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
It really depends on the area, and whether they are posted for inside or outside hire. Call HR in the center that is hiring to get an idea of what they need, and tell them your situation and what you are looking to do. Take whatever they tell you and discuss it with your BA, then go from there.
"I need a job" is basically the most you want to tell anyone at UPS, otherwise you are just giving ammunition for the future harassment, intimidation, false discipline/termination to make an example of you. It happens; word gets out someone buys a house, and they're terminated the next week over trumped up garbage.
Yes, OP, that is UPS for you.

Why not stay at ups, and do a second job? Eventually go driving, go on the transfer list. Your pension is well funded where you are at.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
"I need a job" is basically the most you want to tell anyone at UPS, otherwise you are just giving ammunition for the future harassment, intimidation, false discipline/termination to make an example of you. It happens; word gets out someone buys a house, and they're terminated the next week over trumped up garbage.
Yes, OP, that is UPS for you.

I meant he should tell hr where they are hiring that he is currently part time and where, and that he is looking to transfer to where the openings are to go driving. If they are hiring drivers off the street, he may stand a chance of getting a spot, but there may be hoops to jump through. If he gets the low down from hr, and takes that information and talks to his BA, he stands a chance of getting the whole picture.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
If you got a class a see if you can transfer to feeders or gain a few years experience and take an off the street job into feeders

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
upload_2018-4-4_12-43-51.png

Driver exiting the building with that expression while the whole inside operation is smoking weed.

Observer

Regarding your upcoming divorce - make sure that your lawyer will fight for you regarding the child support. Too many ex-wives will take the money and spend it on themselves. Then they will turn around and ask for money for school fees, etc. I worked with a guy who ex was always calling him for more money. I told him why isn't your ex working full time - the kids are both in school? She was always nasty to anyone who answered the work phone. Personally he should have never married her. Most women are wanting a safety net as you can't live at your parents forever.
As far as the jobs postings they are probably coreect - there have several instances in hubs around the US - where a bunch finally get to go full time after 10 plus years and then any of the NEW hires are also allowed full time as the company can't keep people. It's grossly unfair to the long timers - but no cares as everyone is just a number.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Regarding your upcoming divorce - make sure that your lawyer will fight for you regarding the child support. Too many ex-wives will take the money and spend it on themselves. Then they will turn around and ask for money for school fees, etc. I worked with a guy who ex was always calling him for more money. I told him why isn't your ex working full time - the kids are both in school? She was always nasty to anyone who answered the work phone. Personally he should have never married her. Most women are wanting a safety net as you can't live at your parents forever.
As far as the jobs postings they are probably coreect - there have several instances in hubs around the US - where a bunch finally get to go full time after 10 plus years and then any of the NEW hires are also allowed full time as the company can't keep people. It's grossly unfair to the long timers - but no cares as everyone is just a number.

Lawyers cannot "tell" the ex how to spend the child support money.