Full Time Dockworker Payrate($13.70??)

lilbean93

Hi guys I had a question about my payrate. I recently just got a job at UPS Freight in Upstate NY. My rate was set to $13.70. I was wondering if you guys knew the current contract rate for a FT Dockworker. I tried to do my own research but couldn't figure it out. I've worked for other freight companies and it seemed kind of low to me. Also what is a "casual worker". Any help would be great.

rod

Retired 22 years
Hi guys I had a question about my payrate. I recently just got a job at UPS Freight in Upstate NY. My rate was set to $13.70. I was wondering if you guys knew the current contract rate for a FT Dockworker. I tried to do my own research but couldn't figure it out. I've worked for other freight companies and it seemed kind of low to me. Also what is a "casual worker". Any help would be great.
go work at Walmart--they start at 14 an hour

lilbean93

So no answer. I feel like I’m being screwed. Guess I’ll talk to the shop Steward on Monday. Just was looking for some leverage before I went in.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
none of us work at ups freight

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Didn’t know there was a separate section for freight on these forums . Guess ill have to find it
It's in your contract.
Article 26 section 3

(c) Casual employees hired after August 1, 2018 shall be paid in accordance with the following:
Start $13.00
Twelve (12) months $14.15
Twenty-four (24) months $15.30
Thirty-six (36) months $16.50
Forty-eight (48) months Top Progression Rate $17.70

Methods Man

How am I a casual employee?? I’m full time

Welcome to ups. If you just started they probably hired you as seasonal. I’m not familiar with how freight operates, but my center just hired a ton of new inside workers all as seasonal. Not sure if they know it or not either.

Goodluck

lilbean93

You gave me information saying a casual worker gets 13.00. So what is a casual worker if u insisted on giving me that section instead of the full time local cartage employee. all I’m trying to figure out is where do I classify.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
You gave me information saying a casual worker gets 13.00. So what is a casual worker if u insisted on giving me that section instead of the full time local cartage employee. all I’m trying to figure out is where do I classify.
Look your contract up yourself then . Its online.

lilbean93

I read it 100 times . It’s now a classification issue I’m trying to figure out, that I guess you can’t help on. will ask Steward Monday.

Re-Raise

I read it 100 times . It’s now a classification issue I’m trying to figure out, that I guess you can’t help on. will ask Steward Monday.
Seriously?

You acting incredulously to the person trying to help answer your question is probably not going to elicit many positive responses.

How would anyone here know more about your “classification” than you do?

I hate UPS Freight more now knowing you work there