Full-Time Driver Information

ontheroad12

I work the preload and from what all of my supervisors and higher-ups tell me, I've been doing a good job. One of the only reasons I got this job was because I had two high recommendations that pushed me through the process even though my center wasn't really hiring. I have been working at my center since March. My main goal is to become a full-time driver. I don't really know what I have to do to become a driver. I was thinking about telling my supervisor my goals and seeing what I need to do in order to achieve them, but I wanted to get a little background information from here first in case he feeds me some BS. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

cino321

Because you're a preloader, you have to wait out your seniority until your the highest part-timer on the full time driving bid list. That being said, in the mean time you should keep your drivers license clean . There is not much anyone will be able to do to push you through.

I work the preload and from what all of my supervisors and higher-ups tell me, I've been doing a good job. One of the only reasons I got this job was because I had two high recommendations that pushed me through the process even though my center wasn't really hiring. I have been working at my center since March. My main goal is to become a full-time driver. I don't really know what I have to do to become a driver. I was thinking about telling my supervisor my goals and seeing what I need to do in order to achieve them, but I wanted to get a little background information from here first in case he feeds me some BS. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
you need to go in there and demand he make you a full-time package car driver at once or you are going to quit. This will show him your not going to be pushed around.