Full Time Management Question

JetSetDemo

Go for it, i was a ft driver for 10 years and a ft sup for 5 years on car for 3 of them, made centre manager 1st September. Yes it hard, but who ever told you life was easy and as for the current climate, your in a position to effect change better when your looking after the guy's in your building and you try and bring the humanity back!

ymelord

Is anyone out there full time management? I'm a part-time dispatch supervisor and have been asked about whether I would like to make the jump to On-Road Supervisor. My biggest reservation is that I have no driving experience and I would think you would need that to be a good On-Road. People here are telling me that it isn't an issue but I'm not sure I buy it. Any feedback would be helpful.

To drive or not to drive, that is the question. Depends on how far up the ladder you want to climb. The higher you want to go, the less knowledge about UPS you’ll need to know. It’s obvious!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
To drive or not to drive, that is the question. Depends on how far up the ladder you want to climb. The higher you want to go, the less knowledge about UPS you’ll need to know. It’s obvious!

Kris,
Let me help you clarify what you meant.

The higher you want to go, the more knowledge about UPS you’ll need to know and the less knowledge about delivery and pickup you’ll need to know.