Full-time progression

89man

When someone takes a package car position and they begin the 30 month progression do they start at the bottom rate even if they're already making more? For example if they make $17.00 would they start over at $15.80?

Pollocknbrown

When someone takes a package car position and they begin the 30 month progression do they start at the bottom rate even if they're already making more? For example if they make $17.00 would they start over at $15.80?

No they'd remain at 17/hr until such time in their progression they'd make more with the progression (ie say at 18 months u make 17.50 (dont remember exact numbers) you would be bumped too 17.50 then, making 17/hr the previous months and continue on with ur progression from there, assuming its a ground pkg car driver, air drivers i have no idea.

Brav989

Also a question to add. Since I'm not 100% sure on the real numbers I'll make a hypothetical situation and hope everyone can understand :happy-very:

So okay say an individual starts at 15/hr. after 6 months he will get a .35 cent raise...however after 9 months he would be bumped up to say 18 or whatever in the scale....so would his pay be 18 or would it be 18.35 (accounting for that prior 6 mo raise) and would the steps also include the subsequent split raises? And yea sorry if my time frames are way off.

Pollocknbrown

If hes doing a job thats not a progression job and gets the raise to 15.35, will keep it when he goes to driving and keep it till he is bumped to 18/ hr for the progression..... you will recieve only the progression raises during ur progession until u reach top pay after 30 (or soon to be, 36 months). anyone feel free to correct if i have said anything in error.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Also a question to add. Since I'm not 100% sure on the real numbers I'll make a hypothetical situation and hope everyone can understand :happy-very:

So okay say an individual starts at 15/hr. after 6 months he will get a .35 cent raise...however after 9 months he would be bumped up to say 18 or whatever in the scale....so would his pay be 18 or would it be 18.35 (accounting for that prior 6 mo raise) and would the steps also include the subsequent split raises? And yea sorry if my time frames are way off.

You do not recieve GWI if you are in progression, period. You're red circled. You get 50 cents for inside/inside or combos, or as governed in the contract if you're full-time driving. The .35/.35 only applies to those who are out of progression

89man

The reason that I posted my question is to try and figure out if we're getting screwed in Louisville. When you go from part-time to full-time (not driving) in the Air District (ramp, marshalling, hub/scrub, etc. you are frozen at your current rate of pay for 2 years and then you go to the top rate. We're trying to argue that you should get a % of the top rate like other classifications such a drivers, mechanics, etc. like 70% 80% and so forth. The only language that I can find in the master is that when you go full-time you are red circled at your current rate until progression is more than that(I forget the exact wording).

How is it in other parts of the country for you guys that are full-time on the ramps and other air hubs?

IDoLessWorkThanMost

The reason that I posted my question is to try and figure out if we're getting screwed in Louisville. When you go from part-time to full-time (not driving) in the Air District (ramp, marshalling, hub/scrub, etc. you are frozen at your current rate of pay for 2 years and then you go to the top rate. We're trying to argue that you should get a % of the top rate like other classifications such a drivers, mechanics, etc. like 70% 80% and so forth. The only language that I can find in the master is that when you go full-time you are red circled at your current rate until progression is more than that(I forget the exact wording).

How is it in other parts of the country for you guys that are full-time on the ramps and other air hubs?

You are correct, but it works out almost the same, anyhow. 70% of 22.80, is 15.90. Infact, it may be the average of top rate@ 70,80%, throughout the life of the contract, that determined the progression rates., but I don't remember if that's fact.

In the current contract, after 30 work days seniority it's 14.50,
12 month $15.00,
18 month $15.50
2 year top rate

VTBrown

Instead of asking here......
Why didn't you just ask your Steward to call the BA and ask him?

That would be the definitive way to go.

89man

Instead of asking here......
Why didn't you just ask your Steward to call the BA and ask him?

That would be the definitive way to go.

With the BA's you always get the run around and the steward doesn't know either. Thanks though.

89man

You are correct, but it works out almost the same, anyhow. 70% of 22.80, is 15.90. Infact, it may be the average of top rate@ 70,80%, throughout the life of the contract, that determined the progression rates., but I don't remember if that's fact.

In the current contract, after 30 work days seniority it's 14.50,
12 month $15.00,
18 month $15.50
2 year top rate

Here in Louisville most people going full-time have been here 11-12 years already making $17-18/hour. What we're trying to figure out is where in the contract(master/rider) does it say we should be frozen in pay for 2 years. We're trying to argue that we should get the incremental increases. So if you make $17/hour then you should remain at that rate until time that the progression exceeds that rate.

Top rate for ramp workers, marshallers, fuelers, hub etc. is now $21.62. So some of us who have been frozen in pay for 18 months are arguing that we should be making 90% of that which is $20.35 and more than our current rate of $17, meaning the progression now exceeds that rate.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Here in Louisville most people going full-time have been here 11-12 years already making $17-18/hour. What we're trying to figure out is where in the contract(master/rider) does it say we should be frozen in pay for 2 years. We're trying to argue that we should get the incremental increases. So if you make $17/hour then you should remain at that rate until time that the progression exceeds that rate.

Top rate for ramp workers, marshallers, fuelers, hub etc. is now $21.62. So some of us who have been frozen in pay for 18 months are arguing that we should be making 90% of that which is $20.35 and more than our current rate of $17, meaning the progression now exceeds that rate.

Do you know what red-circle means? :o

89man

Do you know what red-circle means? :o

from article 41 of the master:

Part-time employees on the payroll as of July 31, 2002, who subsequently are promoted to full-time
employment under this progression, will be red circled until such time as the calculated progression rate
exceeds that rate.

I'm just looking for a clear explanation of this and if it applies to those of us who have to go through a TWO year pay freeze.

Thanks

VTBrown

You're just full of useful info aren't ya?

It's pretty stupid to come on here looking for a definitive answer when your getting multiple ones, no?

Ask your Steward to ask the BA or ask the BA yourself......or brush up on your reading comprehension and read your contract book.

Duh.

89man

It's pretty stupid to come on here looking for a definitive answer when your getting multiple ones, no?

Ask your Steward to ask the BA or ask the BA yourself......or brush up on your reading comprehension and read your contract book.

Duh.

Maybe you should brush up yourself. My steward is the one fighting this and the BA's don't have a definite answer(as usual). Since you seem to know it all read the section of the contract that I posted above and tell me what you get out of it. As for me coming on here, I'm just trying to see how it works for people going full-time in other parts of the country in the same job classifications as here and if they get their pay frozen for 2 years like us. If you don't know or just have something stupid to say save it because there's already enough of that here.

Thanks

upsgrunt

Maybe you should brush up yourself. My steward is the one fighting this and the BA's don't have a definite answer(as usual). Since you seem to know it all read the section of the contract that I posted above and tell me what you get out of it. As for me coming on here, I'm just trying to see how it works for people going full-time in other parts of the country in the same job classifications as here and if they get their pay frozen for 2 years like us. If you don't know or just have something stupid to say save it because there's already enough of that here.

Thanks

The negative, demeaning attitude gets on your nerves doesn't it? And he dreams of UPS management someday!