full time specialist

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by spitt2000, Oct 31, 2006.

  1. spitt2000

    spitt2000 New Member

    I was told by a sup that a position for this might be opening soon...What is it? I have worked here over a year and have never heard the term. Any help? Is it driving? inside?
  2. spidey

    spidey Member

    A specialist is an inside job, non-union. It could be one of hundreds of different positions. Were they not more specific?
  3. spitt2000

    spitt2000 New Member

    no, that's what made me kinda suspicious.
  4. diadlover

    diadlover New Member

    I'm pretty sure that it's a supervisors position. I've heard of it before and the guy who filled the job at my hub was a p/t sup just prior to that.
  5. raceanoncr

    raceanoncr Well-Known Member

    Here, one of the bone-head p/t sups got to be made "Full-time Dispatch Specialist". What's it mean? Now he's a full-time bone-head.
  6. spitt2000

    spitt2000 New Member

    I got the call from on high...it was a sales job
  7. rngri4

    rngri4 New Member

    A Specialist is classified as a full time management position, that still is paid by the hour, eight hours a day, they sign in and out on PTRS, the same way a PT Sup does.
  8. mpeedy

    mpeedy Member

    I believe they get no bonus or stock options like the salary sups.
  9. tieguy

    tieguy Banned

    full time management . Non MIP . Salaried but compensated for overtime through the PTRS system. Generally the positions they occupy should be once in which they do not directly supervise hourly people. Could be TSG, Feeder Dispatch, BD, IE or possibly an OMS in some centers.
  10. rngri4

    rngri4 New Member

    The only thing they get is the half months pay in December, no stock or anything else.
  11. boatman

    boatman New Member

    do supr get stock or do you have to be a manager