Future dispatcher

Holydriver

Call me crazy, but I think that once Orion is fully implemented and has had a few software upgrades that the human element of route dispatching will be eliminated. That'll save ups tons of money by eliminating that position so you know they like that idea.

Here's how I see it, higher up tells center manager to run 10 routes, center manager makes adjustments for G8s and 9.5ers, then selects route and total stop count to load on it, and Orion does the rest. What say you, smarty pants?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
They do that now, unfortunately Orion lacks any real world variables and as such can never be soley relied on. The main factor is the driver, human's, unlike the dots on a screen, are different.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
@Future Dispatcher?

46980.jpg

BrownTexas

They can already do that. They can select the number of routes and the computer already generates that. But we have the human element that screws with it every second and messes up all the plans.

feeder05

what I've seen with ORION is less center managers. I worked in a builiding where they used to have 4 center manager's, now they have 2. You will see less managers because of the work preload can do with ORION.

Holydriver

Orion will supposedly reduce miles. But it will eliminate a human position at every single UPS center. Think of how many people that is and how much money that'll save. Genius! Now go get in the food stamp line with the rest of the displaced workers

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Call me crazy, but I think that once Orion is fully implemented and has had a few software upgrades that the human element of route dispatching will be eliminated. That'll save ups tons of money by eliminating that position so you know they like that idea.

Here's how I see it, higher up tells center manager to run 10 routes, center manager makes adjustments for G8s and 9.5ers, then selects route and total stop count to load on it, and Orion does the rest. What say you, smarty pants?
I say
image.jpeg

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Orion will supposedly reduce miles. But it will eliminate a human position at every single UPS center. Think of how many people that is and how much money that'll save. Genius! Now go get in the food stamp line with the rest of the displaced workers
Do you have Orion yet?

It's not going to be putting dispatchers out of work anytime soon.

By The Book

They should get rid of the bean counters and use some common sense. My center manager already admitted they lost accounts due to Orion. But get a sales lead....
These knuckleheads should let us do our p/ups like normal and use Orion as a tool to save miles. We don't make money if we don't p/up packages. I don't get how they are forced to swallow this business model bologna from upstairs.