Fy18 settlement enhancements out Tuesday

instiches

Plan on a 5-10% decrease in compensation in your ISP agreement.

I'm going through my ISP negotiations right now and this is my experience. Completely frustrating considering we were being several underpaid because they wouldn't convert the ridiculous amount of supplementals we run. They may get by for a couple years, but the smart contractors who are actually business minded will be leaving this opportunity as the reduced revenues decreases profit significantly and gives you no resources to employ better quality drivers

bacha29

I'm going through my ISP negotiations right now and this is my experience. Completely frustrating considering we were being several underpaid because they wouldn't convert the ridiculous amount of supplementals we run. They may get by for a couple years, but the smart contractors who are actually business minded will be leaving this opportunity as the reduced revenues decreases profit significantly and gives you no resources to employ better quality drivers
Supplemental's have a nasty little habit of becoming NON contracted routes in the sense that you run one out there one day you end up sending it out everyday . I experienced that first hand despite numerous claims by the so called "contractor relations" manager that we were not required to do so. By the way, the last time I looked one of the country's leading business brokers had 157 multi route FXG contracts on it's listings and several are at a reduced asking price. I wish you the best especially when it comes to finding somebody willing to deliver top of the scale performance for bottom of the scale money be accountable, dependable and do it for an extended period of time.

dmac1

When I ran a supplemental at Christmas, including covering parts of other routes to make it worthwhile, and then tried to make it work for a few weeks after that and couldn't, I stopped running the van, they kept assigning packages from the other routes, and said they were now mine. I was gone less than 6 months later.

DOK

View attachment 145779

So do the maf and lemme know what would a comparable express or UPS driver makes with the similar 10-13 hour day as seen on my powerpad pix

I want to be somewhat informed in my next wage raise..
If you're working 11.5 hours per day for 5 days at ups you're around $2,300 gross pay for the week. What would you guys get paid at ground? Curious.

It will be fine

What would the person that owns the route get paid for a week like that? Considering he has to pay for the truck, maintenance, gas, liability insurance etc.
Depends on how much work you get done in that time for both the driver and the contractor. If it takes you 11 hours to do 50 stops you aren't making much. If you can knock out a couple hundred you'd do alright.

dmac1

I netted about $15 per day per driver after all my expenses. That was my 'earnings' for supervising, managing the vehicles maintenance, cleaning them, taking them in for maintenance, for bookkeeping, payroll- filing tax forms. But I paid my drivers more than most other contractors.I paid $12 an hour, plus overtime, plus a bonus per stop over a base number. It was only worth it because I was still able to drive a route 3-4 days per week

dmac1

Depends on how much work you get done in that time for both the driver and the contractor. If it takes you 11 hours to do 50 stops you aren't making much. If you can knock out a couple hundred you'd do alright.
50 stops a day on my old 300-400 mile route would have been a lot to do in less than 11 hours. But I had core zones as high as $135

bbsam

Staff member
LMAO we got a penny per package raise and they said it was justified by all the oversized.
I hate it when they do that. It's more insulting than if they'd just keep screwing us and keeping their mouths shut about it. I mean really, what is $20 per day supposed to compensate me for? Increased work/comp claims?

FedGT

LMAO we got a penny per package raise and they said it was justified by all the oversized.
Are you serious?? I mean the last time they raised a package rate was what 10 years ago but com'on man .01.
Before I fully left contractor relations said they are working on something for the oversized because I told him that was a huge reason why I was leaving...........not surprised that this is their solution.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
If you're working 11.5 hours per day for 5 days at ups you're around $2,300 gross pay for the week. What would you guys get paid at ground? Curious.

Holy :censored2:, bend me over and call me Nancy

We went isp so I hope that they negotiated with this route to have better provisions/ compensation.

My last route had about 180--200 stops in a 60 mile loop. So I knew that was a profitable area, until that zipcode got transferred to another terminal

instiches

They don't even want to offer a .5% raise on total contract value in subsequent years. contractors lose at a minimum 2-3% capacity every year due to boxes getting larger on average. And how are we supposed to retain good drivers by offering them raises along with general inflation/cost of living increases when they balk at wanting a corresponding raise in settlement? Absurd.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Dang, that gave me a "bigger picture" @ what you're dealing with in the i-as$-Pee conversion...

Looks like my dayz arr numbered

They want more control with the GPS tracking & possible telematics on your vehicles, but won't give you enough compensation for your good drivers?!? Now that is the scam

bbsam

Staff member
They don't even want to offer a .5% raise on total contract value in subsequent years. contractors lose at a minimum 2-3% capacity every year due to boxes getting larger on average. And how are we supposed to retain good drivers by offering them raises along with general inflation/cost of living increases when they balk at wanting a corresponding raise in settlement? Absurd.
Welcome to ISP world. Sad really. Completely divorced from the reality of pkg delivery.