Fy18 settlement enhancements out Tuesday

instiches

Welcome to ISP world. Sad really. Completely divorced from the reality of pkg delivery.

The real sad/disgusting part is that they know everything there is to know about package delivery, and they still act like this.

They implement across the board increases in ground rates for their shippers every year (5%?) and according to my "negotiator" this is justified because FedEx has to make infrastructure investments and terminals/hubs aren't cheap. Do you not friend-ing understand that I have to make infrastructure investments to continue running this operation?

My "negotiator" was completely shocked that I wanted to be paid higher in yr 2 for the same volume. I asked him how he would handle his increased food costs, children's daycare, entertainment costs etc. if FedEx gave him less than a 1% raise on his salary every year. Obviously, he didn't answer that question.

It will be fine

The real sad/disgusting part is that they know everything there is to know about package delivery, and they still act like this.

They implement across the board increases in ground rates for their shippers every year (5%?) and according to my "negotiator" this is justified because FedEx has to make infrastructure investments and terminals/hubs aren't cheap. Do you not friend-ing understand that I have to make infrastructure investments to continue running this operation?

My "negotiator" was completely shocked that I wanted to be paid higher in yr 2 for the same volume. I asked him how he would handle his increased food costs, children's daycare, entertainment costs etc. if FedEx gave him less than a 1% raise on his salary every year. Obviously, he didn't answer that question.
They don't answer anything. They have a number, they'll tell you outright that the bottom line isn't up for negotiation. All you negotiate is what bucket the money goes in, not how much money there is.

instiches

They don't answer anything. They have a number, they'll tell you outright that the bottom line isn't up for negotiation. All you negotiate is what bucket the money goes in, not how much money there is.

Yeah I got a sense of that pretty early in the process, and from posts on here. I just like pointing out the ludicrousness of the situation to them in terms they can understand easily. Maybe they'll have a guilty conscience, but that's all I'm expecting out of it.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
So which is more cost effective?

Trying to retain good drivers

or

Installing one of these...

giphy.gif

I can look at my overview maps of my route & 2 neighboring others to quickly re PiP some misplots to the correct route before I start my preload.

Because I heard using DEX 012 will hurt service #s

so catching them before they're loaded to the wrong route is proactive in keeping that 99.6% service threshold that they crammed down the isp's throats

It will be fine

So which is more cost effective?

Trying to retain good drivers

or

Installing one of these...

giphy.gif

I can look at my overview maps of my route & 2 neighboring others to quickly re PiP some misplots to the correct route before I start my preload.

Because I heard using DEX 012 will hurt service #s

so catching them before they're loaded to the wrong route is proactive in keeping that 99.6% service threshold that they crammed down the isp's throats
The service number is mostly meaningless. If you actually follow proper procedure you'll never hit it with Ground routes. One office closed on a random Thursday can tank the number for the week.

You can hardly even have the debate anymore on retention. You can't retain employees for very long, it's become too hard to continue giving raises year over year when revenue keeps going down. You can only give raises when guys do more stops and you have to run every truck close to max capacity as is. It's revolving door for the foreseeable future.

CJinx

Service numbers are mostly meaningless for ISPs, but station management will beg borrow and steal to keep it above a certain threshold to avoid getting bitched out on a conference call. They're willing to look the other way while certain people code their 04s as 07s or 34s (04 hits ILS, 07 and 34 do not). Having manager's bonuses tied to service (as well as not being the whipping boy/girl on the next service call) encourages wide latitude interpretation when it comes to the integrity of 'the numbers'.

A quick and easy way to determine if someone is fudging service is to compare inbound local service to real service; real service is impossible to screw with as any package not delivered impacts it. Inbound local service is not impacted by certain codes (01, 07, 34, 82, 83, etc.). If there is a significant gap between the percentages, someone is playing games with the numbers.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag

Well, I commend those contractors who try to give raises, as well as paid vacations after a year of service.

I'm still seeing some old coworkers that are still on the same pay scale after their years of service. Too afraid to goto the highest bidder I guess.

PS, it's not poaching if a contractor come to you to offer a higher salary or better bennies unless you give your current subcontractor some notice to match it, right?

CJ, I guess my ba/BC is blowing out smoke to say that they'll lose their bonus if the numbers falls below that threshold. I should just fall back and give them bottom of the barrel service then because I found out my salary doesn't even come close to what I am currently doing for my area

CJinx

CJ, I guess my ba/BC is blowing out smoke to say that they'll lose their bonus if the numbers falls below that threshold. I should just fall back and give them bottom of the barrel service then because I found out my salary doesn't even come close to what I am currently doing for my area.
Well, not entirely. It all depends on how your ISP negotiated their contract.

It will be fine

Well, I commend those contractors who try to give raises, as well as paid vacations after a year of service.

I'm still seeing some old coworkers that are still on the same pay scale after their years of service. Too afraid to goto the highest bidder I guess.

PS, it's not poaching if a contractor come to you to offer a higher salary or better bennies unless you give your current subcontractor some notice to match it, right?

CJ, I guess my ba/BC is blowing out smoke to say that they'll lose their bonus if the numbers falls below that threshold. I should just fall back and give them bottom of the barrel service then because I found out my salary doesn't even come close to what I am currently doing for my area
HD gets most of their bonus money an the service number. Ground it is mostly based on pickup performance. HD it's attainable because the box is either delivered or 07, so as long as everything is attempted you'll be close to perfect. At Ground there are too many random offices with random hours to get everything delivered everyday, and if you attempt to deliver it counts against you.