Gamer Mom not happy I left her tv in the water

tripperslipper

OK to operate
Figured id wait til I got a good story before I signed up here. Well that didn't take long. 22.4, just wrapped up my training route, first day as a permanent hire.

I'm delivering this gaming monitor, 4K, 40 inch, all the bells and whistles, loudest box on my car. Swear I just heard it screaming "STEAL ME!!"

Doing my best to hide it, stowed it behind the bushes. There's this lil wet spot on the concrete... melting icicle, no big. Super thick box with a plasticky finish. TV is gonna be wrapped in styrofoam.. completely hidden, everything checks out, let's get moving.

Im walking back to the truck and I hear the door crack... I'm expecting "thank you!!!" I hear a million times a day, already preparing my departure wave. Instead, I'm graced with "YOU PUT IT IN THE WATER???? WHY WOULDNT YOU PUT IT OVER HERE???" She's belting out at me while pointing at the middle of her patio.

Keeping in mind.. this "water" is an inch wide, absorbed into the concrete, you could run your finger over it and itll come out drier than my ex's, anyways Ive done customer service before so I hit her with the "I'm sorry, I was trying to hide it" ya know, wont happen again and whatnot and I hop back in the Hershey mobile thinking that's that, ready to blast out some more stops when she tops it off with "a little common sense wouldn't hurt!"

Ooh, that got my gears turning. Where should I start? "Next time, I'll leave it in plain sight so someone else can take it off your hands"? Maybe "common sense? The kind that tells you not to leave a brand new TV up for grabs on your patio, that the common sense you're talking about?"

Anyways, I stared at her and drove off. Real tough guy, me. She won't have to worry anymore, see thats the thing about me I'm very thoughtful. From now on I'll make sure to deliver her next packages at the very end of the day so all the water had time to evaporate!

Mst3k

If you really wanted to get under her skin you should have smiled brightly and said “you’re very welcome, have a great day” then then just left.

tripperslipper

OK to operate
If that's all that went wrong with your day consider yourself lucky.
I also had to go unload all my ground at a different hub because I came back at 20:01, grounds due at 2000. Added 90 minutes to my day. Told them, hey I'm a 224, just let me sort it myself. They said drive safe!

542thruNthru

Figured id wait til I got a good story before I signed up here. Well that didn't take long. 22.4, just wrapped up my training route, first day as a permanent hire.

I'm delivering this gaming monitor, 4K, 40 inch, all the bells and whistles, loudest box on my car. Swear I just heard it screaming "STEAL ME!!"

Doing my best to hide it, stowed it behind the bushes. There's this lil wet spot on the concrete... melting icicle, no big. Super thick box with a plasticky finish. TV is gonna be wrapped in styrofoam.. completely hidden, everything checks out, let's get moving.

Im walking back to the truck and I hear the door crack... I'm expecting "thank you!!!" I hear a million times a day, already preparing my departure wave. Instead, I'm graced with "YOU PUT IT IN THE WATER???? WHY WOULDNT YOU PUT IT OVER HERE???" She's belting out at me while pointing at the middle of her patio.

Keeping in mind.. this "water" is an inch wide, absorbed into the concrete, you could run your finger over it and itll come out drier than my ex's, anyways Ive done customer service before so I hit her with the "I'm sorry, I was trying to hide it" ya know, wont happen again and whatnot and I hop back in the Hershey mobile thinking that's that, ready to blast out some more stops when she tops it off with "a little common sense wouldn't hurt!"

Ooh, that got my gears turning. Where should I start? "Next time, I'll leave it in plain sight so someone else can take it off your hands"? Maybe "common sense? The kind that tells you not to leave a brand new TV up for grabs on your patio, that the common sense you're talking about?"

Anyways, I stared at her and drove off. Real tough guy, me. She won't have to worry anymore, see thats the thing about me I'm very thoughtful. From now on I'll make sure to deliver her next packages at the very end of the day so all the water had time to evaporate!
Great job man. Though personally all I could think to you myself was. "This guy has officially put more thought into one delivery than I have my whole career." ;)

Welcome to Brown Cafe. Hope you stick around.

tripperslipper

OK to operate
Great job man. Though personally all I could think to you myself was. "This guy has officially put more thought into one delivery than I have my whole career." ;)

Welcome to Brown Cafe. Hope you stick around.
Hey thanks. I'm already getting giddy over all the bad advice I have to offer this place. Think her patio isn't the only thing with a wet spot anymore

Est.1998

Unless it has an electronic signature, you shouldn't have left it. Knock on the door, wait for the customer, personally give it to her.
Otherwise, awesome narration.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Maybe I've been out of package too long but when I delivered you'd never knowingly DR an expensive package.

Send agains never bothered me.
Receiver knows expensive package is coming who knows how many texts and emails they got about it
They need to make proper arrangements if the don’t want it left

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
I wear headphones and blast tunes all day. I woulda ignored her and just bounced.

If someone has an actual concern I can help with I will try to calm them down…if they just want a punching bag I will just stare at them like I don’t speak English and slowly walk away