Gamer Mom not happy I left her tv in the water

Est.1998

You need to use your best judgment sometimes

Did the driver tap his horn as he approached the house? Did he ring the doorbell or knock on the door?
Certain items i don't DR unless there's an electronic signature, tv's, computers, cellphones, etc.
Who cares if it's a send again?
Most of the time it gets "will call" before I'm back to the building.
Those guys disagreeing would make FedEx and Amazon proud.

YourMissingCallTag

Sorry man, but there’s no way I’m doing a DR on high end electronics. I give the customer 2 minutes to answer the door, if they’re not home they get the old post it note. Customers are usually pretty damn happy to see a UPS driver making sure someone’s home for something like this. Hell, some remember this at Christmas time with a fat cash tip! Also, welcome to the Brown Cafe.

babboo25

Banned
Sorry man, but there’s no way I’m doing a DR on high end electronics. I give the customer 2 minutes to answer the door, if they’re not home they get the old post it note. Customers are usually pretty damn happy to see a UPS driver making sure someone’s home for something like this. Hell, some remember this at Christmas time with a fat cash tip! Also, welcome to the Brown Cafe.
High end?? Have you priced TVs lately? We deliver shoes more expensive than TVs.

BrownStains

Ups wants you to dr everything . Unless it’s signature required. Obviously if it’s a tv you’re not going to leave it at some grungy apartment complex right outside. Put it at the back door if it’s a private residence , just not in a puddle.

Overpaid Union Thug

Maybe I've been out of package too long but when I delivered you'd never knowingly DR an expensive package.

Send agains never bothered me.
“Out of sight, out of weather” seems to do the trick. As it does in most situations. Haven’t seen my name on a DFU in ages. There is no actual method that states a monetary threshold at which to stop DRing packages. None that I’ve read anyway.

I’m a runner? HA! Allegedly, my “over allowed” says otherwise. You must have been wearing clown shoes when you thought that one up.

11.19igrad

Figured id wait til I got a good story before I signed up here. Well that didn't take long. 22.4, just wrapped up my training route, first day as a permanent hire.

I'm delivering this gaming monitor, 4K, 40 inch, all the bells and whistles, loudest box on my car. Swear I just heard it screaming "STEAL ME!!"

Doing my best to hide it, stowed it behind the bushes. There's this lil wet spot on the concrete... melting icicle, no big. Super thick box with a plasticky finish. TV is gonna be wrapped in styrofoam.. completely hidden, everything checks out, let's get moving.

Im walking back to the truck and I hear the door crack... I'm expecting "thank you!!!" I hear a million times a day, already preparing my departure wave. Instead, I'm graced with "YOU PUT IT IN THE WATER???? WHY WOULDNT YOU PUT IT OVER HERE???" She's belting out at me while pointing at the middle of her patio.

Keeping in mind.. this "water" is an inch wide, absorbed into the concrete, you could run your finger over it and itll come out drier than my ex's, anyways Ive done customer service before so I hit her with the "I'm sorry, I was trying to hide it" ya know, wont happen again and whatnot and I hop back in the Hershey mobile thinking that's that, ready to blast out some more stops when she tops it off with "a little common sense wouldn't hurt!"

Ooh, that got my gears turning. Where should I start? "Next time, I'll leave it in plain sight so someone else can take it off your hands"? Maybe "common sense? The kind that tells you not to leave a brand new TV up for grabs on your patio, that the common sense you're talking about?"

Anyways, I stared at her and drove off. Real tough guy, me. She won't have to worry anymore, see thats the thing about me I'm very thoughtful. From now on I'll make sure to deliver her next packages at the very end of the day so all the water had time to evaporate!
Good job man, swallowed it up, cursed her out with your eyes, she cant complain to anyone about **** and she will think twice next time. best part is ...you have nothing to look over your shoulder for! 💯👊🏾

rss13

I just did some training on Driver Release on the DIAD the other day. It said tv’s, electronics, jewelry, cell phones, or other high value items should never be DR’d.😂🤣😂 I would say management would say otherwise!

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I DR all the expensive new strip developments (solid wall of garages and overhangs) in plain sight. Tiny act of class warfare. But will do everything for the 40's style developments.

govols019

You smell that?
“Out of sight, out of weather” seems to do the trick. As it does in most situations. Haven’t seen my name on a DFU in ages. There is no actual method that states a monetary threshold at which to stop DRing packages. None that I’ve read anyway.

I’m a runner? HA! Allegedly, my “over allowed” says otherwise. You must have been wearing clown shoes when you thought that one up.
Seems to me common sense would say don't leave a TV...I also refused to DR Zappos packages...they always had a tendency to "disappear".