Gamer Mom not happy I left her tv in the water

Bingo

Retired Fdx Express-never left a tv at a door without the customer acknowledgement. Its all ok untill a customer claims she never received it or it gets soaked in the rain. Then the trouble begins

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Retired Fedex courier - Never released a television at a door without direct customer receipt; it's all alright until the customer files a claim. Then you look like a fool.

Overpaid Union Thug

Seems to me common sense would say don't leave a TV...I also refused to DR Zappos packages...they always had a tendency to "disappear".
i don’t get paid to exercise coming sense. I get paid to follow the methods. I’ve never had missing package DFUs on tvs. Probably because I rarely get DFUs at all. Because I follow the methods.

babboo25

Banned
Seems to me common sense would say don't leave a TV...I also refused to DR Zappos packages...they always had a tendency to "disappear".
Has nothing to do with common sense, it’s our job to deliver goods to homes, if it’s a tv I’ll leave it directly under the camera or take to back porch. Out of sight out of weather. Why risk a damage? TV will have to be unloaded and loaded into send again trailer, unloaded and reloaded on preload. Zappos is owned by Amazon and in my area that’s usually who delivers it.

Overpaid Union Thug

The methods say to get a signature on all high risk packages.
TVs aren’t considered high risk by default. Haven’t been for years. We rely more on high risk areas now to determine wether or not they are DRed. Other methods allow us to leave them in most cases. Driver discretion covers the rest.
Send agains never scared me.
I doubt they scare most drivers. For me it’s not about fear. It about methods and not creating unnecessary work for the next day when I can hide a package out of sight instead.

tripperslipper

OK to operate
Where's the method that says we have to get a signature for high end deliveries? Never heard that. Then again they never taught half the things I know about this job. I say if they want a signature they can pay for it. I'm not here to save anyone money and skirt the add-ons for them I'm here to fulfill a premium service and deliver their package as requested in an efficient and safe manner