Gay marriage ban struck down in california

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I had a thought...........
Will it now be legal to marry animals in Ca. ?
Now picture this......
Local restrictions against operating a pig farm would not apply if the farmer " married " his flock. Best place to set up this residence would be directly across from Nancy P's home.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Now picture this......
Local restrictions against operating a pig farm would not apply if the farmer " married " his flock. Best place to set up this residence would be directly across from Nancy P's home.

Yes, you and your partner can marry now. Come out of the closet and into the 21st century.

bbsam

Staff member
:wink2:
Now picture this......
This constitutes a "thought" for you?

To equate homosexual marriage to the civil rights movement is absolutely ridiculous. You need a better and closer to the Constitutional argument. As far as I have seen, nothing in the Constitution, original or amended, implies given rights to homosexuals. So, how is the Cali law unconstitutional?
Before you get the government out of marriage, you need to get government out of a lot more. Example, making the laws favoring or discriminating of man and wife relationships. Anyone that believes the homosexual community push for legalized marriage is solely about being able to marry anyone they wish, is delusional.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
An extreme example of where this court's order can lead someone to.
It would be the finest example of what someone could do to show everyone else how wrong the whole concept really is.

It's "wrong" because you don't like it. That doesn't make it wrong for society as a whole, it makes it wrong for you personally. Using your example of the pig farm, there are laws against besitiality, so the farmer could not marry his flock. Trying to compare homosexuality with bestiality isn't even rational.

Why do you even care who someone else chooses to love or marry? Is it because you have religious objections? If so, object away. That's your right. But we supposedly live in a country where everyone has the same rights, no matter their sexual orientation, race, or religious preference. This is what I don't understand about all of the "patriots" on the Right, who have claimed ownership of the moral high ground, yet who would deny basic rights and freedoms to select "undesirable" groups in a heartbeat. That's called hypocrisy.

An extreme example of where this court's order can lead someone to.
It would be the finest example of what someone could do to show everyone else how wrong the whole concept really is.
I don't think anyone misunderstood your point, they just chose to use it to try and get back at you. I would have used NAMBLA (or whatever the letters are) for the example of the slippery slope.

It's "wrong" because you don't like it. That doesn't make it wrong for society as a whole, it makes it wrong for you personally. Using your example of the pig farm, there are laws against besitiality, so the farmer could not marry his flock. Trying to compare homosexuality with bestiality isn't even rational.

Why do you even care who someone else chooses to love or marry? Is it because you have religious objections? If so, object away. That's your right. But we supposedly live in a country where everyone has the same rights, no matter their sexual orientation, race, or religious preference. This is what I don't understand about all of the "patriots" on the Right, who have claimed ownership of the moral high ground, yet who would deny basic rights and freedoms to select "undesirable" groups in a heartbeat. That's called hypocrisy.
Please point this out in the Constitution.

klein

Für Meno :)
Maybe some of you are right.
Would set a great example of how really "free" the US is, if the dictionary held a whole new word just for gay marriages in the US.
When they travel, they can explain to the rest of the english speaking population, what it means.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Gay couples previously could come & go out of relationships.......with a legal marriage, I'm guessing they would need legality to undo the union. Be careful what you ask for.....you might get it. .....alimony, child support, someone takes 50% of your stuff........lawyer bills. Arrest for bigamy? because you failed to get a divorce before you married again & again??

Good luck, Chuck!!

klein

Gay couples previously could come & go out of relationships.......with a legal marriage, I'm guessing they would need legality to undo the union. Be careful what you ask for.....you might get it. .....alimony, child support, someone takes 50% of your stuff........lawyer bills. Arrest for bigamy? because you failed to get a divorce before you married again & again??

Good luck, Chuck!!

It's been done for years in Canada and Europe, where have you been ?
Nevermind, in your Foxworld and isolated from the rest of the planet.
It's a shame you live like an Iranian or Syrian in a free country with all the news possible from around the world, and yet you don't use it.

It's a shame you live like an Iranian or Syrian in a free country with all the news possible from around the world, and yet you don't use it.
Klein, you could gain a lot more credibility if you would abandon the tendency to copy TOS' style and talking points. Get grip, form your own ideas, if you can.

804brown

Please point this out in the Constitution.

Marriage is an individual right. This is different than viewing marriage as a right given to acouple. When States argue that marriage is simply defined as an institution between a man and awoman they overlook the fact that the State by its actions is denying​
individuals the right to marrythe person of their choice. Many of the arguments presented by States today on the question ofsame-sex marriage are very similar to those raised in defense of a ban on interracial marriages. In
Loving v. Virginia​
Justice Warren wrote: “Marriage is one of the basic civil rights of man … Todeny this fundamental freedom on so unsupportable a basis as [these] racial classifications is surelyto deprive all the State’s citizens without due process of law.” The State’s refusal to recognize
same-sex marriage denies that right to homosexuals.

moreluck

golden ticket member
It's a shame you live like an Iranian or Syrian in a free country with all the news possible from around the world, and yet you don't use it.[/QUOT

Well, it's not a 'usual' thing here. . . . .It's not just wham bam thank you Shazam!!

"There’s a demographic pool that never existed before,” said Raoul Felder, the prominent divorce lawyer.

"Several matrimonial lawyers said in interviews that broadly speaking, the rules should be the same for same-sex and opposite-sex couples. But there could be complications.

Let’s suppose, Ms. Hindin said, that one woman in a lesbian marriage has a baby, through whatever means. If the other woman does not legally adopt the child, there may be questions about her rights and obligations to that child should the marriage end.

Where to get divorced is another issue, one that has already arisen in other states where marriage equality exists. If a gay couple marry in New York, then move to a state that forbids such unions, they may find they are unable to divorce in that state, the reasoning there being: How can we dissolve a marriage that we never recognized in the first place?"

After Same-Sex Marriage in N.Y., Same-Sex Divorce - NYTimes.com

I'm not Iranian or Syrian.........................puck you!!

klein

Well, looks like it's only 1 step away (Supreme Court), and gay marriages will be legal in all US States, like it or not.
It cannot be upheld !

moreluck

golden ticket member
Marriage is an individual right. This is different than viewing marriage as a right given to acouple. When States argue that marriage is simply defined as an institution between a man and awoman they overlook the fact that the State by its actions is denying​
individuals the right to marrythe person of their choice. Many of the arguments presented by States today on the question ofsame-sex marriage are very similar to those raised in defense of a ban on interracial marriages. In
Loving v. Virginia​
Justice Warren wrote: “Marriage is one of the basic civil rights of man … Todeny this fundamental freedom on so unsupportable a basis as [these] racial classifications is surelyto deprive all the State’s citizens without due process of law.” The State’s refusal to recognize
same-sex marriage denies that right to homosexuals.
I'm not wanting to deny the right....just call it a different name.....then bring back nativity scenes at Christmas!!