Get A Grip

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Unless you're a bid coverage driver you have no right to 9.5. They will catch on so enjoy while it lasts.

also a harassment for running different route would go nowhere fast.

I wish everyone had 9.5 rights but the union sold the young drivers out. Enjoy it while it lasts.

BrownTexas

Unless you're a bid coverage driver you have no right to 9.5. They will catch on so enjoy while it lasts.

also a harassment for running different route would go nowhere fast.

I wish everyone had 9.5 rights but the union sold the young drivers out. Enjoy it while it lasts.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1407283816.643660.jpg
This tells me I don't need to worry. I don't know how you can come out thinking I don't have protection.

No where does it say you have to be a bid driver. Simply a full time driver.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
A) Work safely ,by the methods EACH and EVERY day. Do your job each day as if your supervisor is sitting in the jump seat(he is)
B) take a full lunch EACH and EVERY day, the entire hour
C) If you are worked over 9.5 for three days in a week get on the Opt In"Over 9.5" list.The odds are very good your center manager will try to intimidate and harass you over this as you are a young driver and if you feel harassed file an article 37 grievance.You will need to be 100% certain you are doing the job as close within the methods as you can,no missed,no late air,no attendance issues,etc et all as he WILL want some payback so make him work for it!
D) On the weeks you are worked over file EVERY week. If they think you are bluffing on filing your load will go to Peak like proportions
E) ENJOY the job,as all of the stress will now be gone

Overpaid Union Thug

I've had my seniority for a little over a year now and last week I filed a 9.5 grievance. Yesterday my supervisor came up to me and told me, in regards to the grievance, that I didn't have much seniority and that I need to "get a grip." Did I miss the article in the contract that says the less seniority I have the less the contract applies to me? She's always telling me that I shouldn't be doing things (like taking my lunch) because of my low seniority.
Eventually you'll also encounter fellow drivers that have that mentality towards you. It's important that you know that they are wrong. You have the right to express opinions and file grievances. It doesn't matter if you have 30 years of seniority or only 30 days.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Fedex Guy

Not true. I wish people would stop spreading this myth. I've been a full time driver for less than a year. I'm on the 9.5 list and have been paid from a grievance already.
I was gonna say. Not true in my center either. I'm a cover driver and file as long as I get 3 days in a row on the same route.

Just to be clear, I don't work for FedEx. Crazy I know.