"get delivering"

upschick95

I will try to make this short. I had a 8 hour, wasn't going to make it. Told them in the morning and sent messages throughout the day. At 4:45p.m. I received the following message from one of our on car supervisors that said "stop sending messages and get delivering". Can't wait till tomorrow when I talk to the shop steward.
20130827_174928.jpg

Cementups

Box Monkey
Not to sound like I'm on their side, but they're right you know. They know what they sent you out with, you don't need to remind them all day. Then when you don't make your 8 hour day, file a grievance then next day under Article 37 (and all others that may apply) and request full penalty pay.
I do this regularly as there is no feasible way for them to get my 8 hour request unless they cover my last 7-10 pickups or cut enough work off my trip so that I can take a full hour lunch (half hour approved) and still make all my pickups.
Dig in and file the next day if you don't make your 8.

I too would share this info with my steward BTW, as it could be deemed as a form of harassment.

upschick95

We don't get "penalty pay". Unfortunately this is not my first time having to deal with this nor my first grievance on the matter. I will gladly re read the article and see if there is something I might be missing. I would love to have more money.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I send a message at 1400 stating i will not make my 8 hour request and need help to do so. If I dont get help i get 2 hours straight time penalty pay from the grievance.
If i were to get a message such as yours I wouldn't be surprised if my SPORH dropped to the single digits

FilingBluesFL

You know what's funny, some of the other cover drivers, they say "you can't be on the 9.5 list, and if you file, you get nothing."

Gosh, that's funny, I've made an assload of $$$ on grievances this year for 9.5.... tell me how that works again?

Maybe call your business agent and see where that gets you.

Buck Fifty

I send a message at 1400 stating i will not make my 8 hour request and need help to do so. If I dont get help i get 2 hours straight time penalty pay from the grievance.
If i were to get a message such as yours I wouldn't be surprised if my SPORH dropped to the single digits

And an extra 8 hr day for that month. In our center, I tell the guys to file and then sign up for another 8 hr day. If it is refused, than file immediately on the refusal and collect another penalty. Its so easy. Had a driver collect 120 dollars when he was violated twice in early August. He then signed up for his replacement days, which the Sup approved. He was violated on the first make up day(he filed) and we wait til Friday for his second. Talk about easy money.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Unfortunately we don't have a penalty pay here in the central.

We don't need penalty pay in the Central Region.

We have something better. You can bring the work back to the building.... to get your approved 8 hr request.

That JAC decision, has been around since the early 80's. Use it once.... and you will never have a problem again.

-Bug-

A

anonymous6

how many hrs do you guys and gals work on a non 8 or 9.5? just wondering since I put in 55-60 a week for last 32 years.

Indecisi0n

At the most I would sent only message before lunch and that's all. I normal tell my drone sups the day before and that's it (of course the request 5 days before as well). Like said above if it isn't honored file, then use your next and repeat.

upschick95

@BigUnionGuy That is what I got in return after sending a message asking how do you want me to ship these up when I bring them back

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

We have something better. You can bring the work back to the building.... to get your approved 8 hr request.

That JAC decision, has been around since the early 80's. Use it once.... and you will never have a problem again.

-Bug-

Bingo. Although sometimes with thick headed sups it takes more than once.

Indecisi0n

-Bug-

Just for my own curiosity. Where is it stated that we can do this and not get into trouble?