"get delivering"

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
We don't need penalty pay in the Central Region.

We have something better. You can bring the work back to the building.... to get your approved 8 hr request.

That JAC decision, has been around since the early 80's. Use it once.... and you will never have a problem again.

-Bug-

Just for my own curiosity. Where is it stated that we can do this and not get into trouble?

It's a "interpretation" of the Central Region language.... that was rendered by the Central Region JAC (Joint Area Committee) grievance panel.

Some people refer to them as "black book" decisions. Sounds cool.... Huh ? It was either 82 or 83. Every Local has a copy of them. Ask your BA.

There is only one caveat in that decision.... that states; you can't give less than a normal performance.

Meaning.... you can't go out and lay down.... just to bring the work back.

I always tell people to give the company notice, so they can fix the problem first. But, you don't need to give them an hour by hour update.

For those of you that don't know.... in the Central Region, we have had 8 hr language for 40 years ?

It is what the language in Art 37 was modeled after. We are entilted to 3 (approved) requests a month.... minimum.

Theoretically, if no one else was requesting them.... a driver could get one every day. :speechless:

-Bug-

Indecisi0n

It's a "interpretation" of the Central Region language.... that was rendered by the Central Region JAC (Joint Area Committee) grievance panel.

Some people refer to them as "black book" decisions. Sounds cool.... Huh ? It was either 82 or 83. Every Local has a copy of them. Ask your BA.

There is only one caveat in that decision.... that states; you can't give less than a normal performance.

I always tell people to give the company notice, so they can fix the problem first. But, you don't need to give them an hour by hour update.

For those of you that don't know.... in the Central Region, we have had 8 hr language for 40 years ?

It is what the language in Art 37 was modeled after. We are entilted to 3 (approved) requests a month.... minimum.

Theoretically, if no one else was requesting them.... a driver could get one every day. :speechless:

-Bug-

Interesting. We get 2 a month here and I am one of the few who use them every month.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Interesting. We get 2 a month here and I am one of the few who use them every month.

If you are in the Central Region.... you are entitled to 3. Another "black book" decision.

I always laugh.... when some other BA's refer to them as that. Like they're "super secret" covert rules, or something.

Chances are, your Local management thinks Art 37 applies. And it doesn't. We go off the Central Region language.... still.

Here's another juicy little tidbit....

If 2 drivers in the same loop, both request an 8 hr on the same day....

The company tries to BS you by saying they only have to grant one.... And a lower seniority driver (in another loop) will be approved.

Well.... if the "10% minimum" isn't reached.... 2 drivers in the same loop can both have 8 hr's, on the same day.

How 'bout them apples.

A good example of why people should get involved with their Local. The company won't tell you that....

​-Bug-

Indecisi0n

If you are in the Central Region.... you are entitled to 3. Another "black book" decision.

I always laugh.... when some other BA's refer to them as that. Like they're "super secret" covert rules, or something.

Chances are, your Local management thinks Art 37 applies. And it doesn't. We go off the Central Region language.... still.

The company tries to BS you by saying they only have to grant one.... And a lower seniority driver (in another loop) will be approved.

Well.... if the "10% minimum" isn't reached.... 2 drivers in the same loop can both have 8 hr's, on the same day.

How 'bout them apples.

A good example of why people should get involved with their Local. The company won't tell you that....

​-Bug-

I am finding out there is lots to be learned. Most of my bathroom time is now spent reading the contract and learning all the articles. I like to be involved. Thanks for the info.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less

-Bug-

Wow. That's awesome.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
We don't need penalty pay in the Central Region.

We have something better. You can bring the work back to the building.... to get your approved 8 hr request.

That JAC decision, has been around since the early 80's. Use it once.... and you will never have a problem again.

-Bug-

Yep. That's where I'm from too, and when I was in PC, that's what we did. Call, say this is how many stops I'll be bringing back, and let me know where you want me to drop them. They would bitch, they would moan, they would say we don't have help, and we would say, "I understand. Now where did you want me to drop these stops?"

But if you don't like fighting, do the absolute 8HR day. Call in sick. Do that a few times, and trust me, you'll get your needs fulfilled. After a few times of this, then you are in position to test your sups. Put in for an 8, then call in the AM and say you're feeling REAL ill. You say, "Man, I've got maybe 7 hours in me. I should probably stay home and recover." They, most likely, will work with you. If you go in, and they drop the ball, well, you're all set up for the next day call-in. Obviously, this strategy is ideal for the Thursday 8HR day. Again, if your attendance is good, your message, and your reputation should make your 8 hour days an easy thing.

Whatever you do, do the same thing every time, and you should be fine.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!

How 'bout them apples.

​-Bug-

Actually the language says the company does not have to give all drivers in the same loop an 8hr day, if there are 6 drivers in the loop and 5 is the 10% 5 of the same loop could get the 8 depending on seniority.

I always tell my people to communicate early and often when not dispatched properly for their 8. The last message should always be something to the effect of, I have 20 stops I will be bringing back to the center for my 8. They usually have help real fast then!!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Actually the language says the company does not have to give all drivers in the same loop an 8hr day, if there are 6 drivers in the loop and 5 is the 10% 5 of the same loop could get the 8 depending on seniority.

Ummm....

My point was, the company tries to BS and deny 8 hr requests.... if more than one driver in the same loop requests the same day.

The 10% still has to be met.... regardless. And 10% is the minimum. Ask your BA, to let you read the decisions. There's more than one.

-Bug-

Cementups

Box Monkey
how many hrs do you guys and gals work on a non 8 or 9.5? just wondering since I put in 55-60 a week for last 32 years.

About 45 hours per week. and most of that is on Monday and Tuesday. Thats why I use my second 8 hour day on a Monday because I know they cant grant it so it's an easy grievance, which equals easy money.

Buck Fifty

About 45 hours per week. and most of that is on Monday and Tuesday. Thats why I use my second 8 hour day on a Monday because I know they cant grant it so it's an easy grievance, which equals easy money.

Mondays are sought after just as much as Fridays in our hub. Its damn near automatic 60 bucks plus another day. I would like to say, that every driver should take their 8 hr days (2,3,30 how every many you get) every month. Just wish there would've have been a stiffer penalty put in the language in the new contract.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Be careful about posting pictures of work, including diad messages, on the internet. Camera use is prohibited.

h8431F76D

'Lord Brown's bidding'

How 'bout them apples.

​-Bug-

This is why I come to B C, for stuff like this.

Was reading something the other day, about habits of the rich vs habits of the poor. One habit of the rich is they wake up early-say 3 hrs before they must be at work-during which they are doing "personal" reading, like catching up on the latest news in their industry. IOW, they are reading about work, so they can be more successful.

Sometimes I feel bad about my little addiction to the BC, but now I just realize I am "tele-conferencing" with workmates on strategies to maximize my profit while minimizing risk in the global hub-conomy! Thank you, BUG!

'Lord Brown's bidding'

I am not judging the man, but there is something inherently dishonest with this. Maybe the system is broke and even if we played by the rules the company will do anything to stick it to us, but....

Cementups

Box Monkey
I am not judging the man, but there is something inherently dishonest with this. Maybe the system is broke and even if we played by the rules the company will do anything to stick it to us, but....

Nothing dishonest at all. Mondays are my busiest day. So once a month I would like to be relieved of those excess hours. I don't need to work 60 hours a week to support my wife's heroin habit. 43-45 a week is plenty for me.
It doesn't matter what day it is. If request an 8 hour day and get approved for it then I expect the company to follow through. If they don't, then you file a grievance and have them pay the penalty if you are entitled to it as per the contract.

S

serenity now

Nothing dishonest at all. Mondays are my busiest day. So once a month I would like to be relieved of those excess hours. I don't need to work 60 hours a week to support my wife's heroin habit. 43-45 a week is plenty for me.
It doesn't matter what day it is. If request an 8 hour day and get approved for it then I expect the company to follow through. If they don't, then you file a grievance and have them pay the penalty if you are entitled to it as per the contract.

the contract that they agreed to............
where's the dishonesty?

MethodsMan

Organization is key. Trace is bull**** in most cases. You aren't going to make up time by driving crazy, you'll make up time being smooth and consistent.