Get off my lawn

oldngray

nowhere special
Pretty sure it’s their easement you’re required to maintain it

We have lazy :censored2:s here that refuse to mow their ditches because it’s easement

You have to maintain it but only grass and sidewalk (if there is one). Buried utilities are not your problem.

You can't use that strip of land for anything either.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Pretty sure it’s their easement you’re required to maintain it

We have lazy :censored2:s here that refuse to mow their ditches because it’s easement
Most subdivision easements are there for access if needed. Some towns for example, require you to keep the sidewalk clear, even thought it is within the setback and not your property.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
20190714_142715_resized.jpg
i put big cement blocks on my easement so people won't park there. the guy across the street has parties once a week and his friends used to park all over and leave beer bottles in front of my yard.

don't care if he don't like it.

oldngray

nowhere special
i put big cement blocks on my easement so people won't park there. the guy across the street has parties once a week and his friends used to park all over and leave beer bottles in front of my yard.

Normally nobody is allowed to park on an easement.

rod

Retired 22 years

Probably works where you are but around here those blocks would be removed immediately. Nothing other than mailboxes and trash cans on trash day is allowed on township right-of way property. Here that is 33 feet from the center of the road. The township must have access to that property for ditch mowing and snow plowing.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Probably works where you are but around here those blocks would be removed immediately. Nothing other than mailboxes and trash cans on trash day is allowed on township right-of way property. Here that is 33 feet from the center of the road. The township must have access to that property for ditch mowing and snow plowing.
Wtf is ditch mowing?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
You're right. I would have to remove if anyone complained. But I also went to the neighbor with the trash I collected and very nicely told him why i put those blocks up. he was okay with it.

I do the mowing and snow clearing and the blocks are behind the snow poles so no risk of the plow hitting them.

rod

Retired 22 years

If someone goes off the road and hits one of bad boys and gets killed or injured guess who's getting sued?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
If someone goes off the road and hits one of bad boys and gets killed or injured guess who's getting sued?
that's a good point. I used to have big tree rounds there but Cal Fire made me remove them in case of a wildfire.

:censored2:ing california