Getting Better All the Time

vantexan

Sitting in an airport in a tropical locale, waiting for flight to a major city where I lucked into one heck of a deal. Ad on Craigslist offered an independent room with private bath and WiFi. A little building built on a nice property in a gated community. Nice pics. The owner is a doctor who used to be a U.S. Navy medic. Get this: rent is $120 a month, all inclusive. And his cook will make me breakfast and lunch for $5 and $6 respectively. Wash lady will wash, dry, fold a load of clothes for about $2.65. In one of the nicest areas of city, next to country club and golf course. I'll be there about 8:30 p.m.. I've looked at ads on several sources for years, some very nice for the money, but this lets me save money, still send my wife money, and live in one of the best climates in Mexico. Hello retirement!

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Sitting in an airport in a tropical locale, waiting for flight to a major city where I lucked into one heck of a deal. Ad on Craigslist offered an independent room with private bath and WiFi. A little building built on a nice property in a gated community. Nice pics. The owner is a doctor who used to be a U.S. Navy medic. Get this: rent is $120 a month, all inclusive. And his cook will make me breakfast and lunch for $5 and $6 respectively. Wash lady will wash, dry, fold a load of clothes for about $2.65. In one of the nicest areas of city, next to country club and golf course. I'll be there about 8:30 p.m.. I've looked at ads on several sources for years, some very nice for the money, but this lets me save money, still send my wife money, and live in one of the best climates in Mexico. Hello retirement!
I hope everything works out well for you, Van.

Meat

I've looked at ads on several sources for years, some very nice for the money, but this lets me save money, still send my wife money, and live in one of the best climates in Mexico. Hello retirement!

How much do you send your wife?

Meat

Sounds like fun
But I'd bring my wife doesent seem quite fair she worked as hard as I did

I dunno....

If you haven't noticed, Van is a bit on the self absorbed side. My goodness, how many words has he dedicated to talking about himself on this site? And this isn't the only place that he posts!

vantexan

Not really. I only inquire because it seems a little odd that Mr. moral majority would fly off to "paradise" and leave his wife (who makes $10 an hour) at home to fend for herself - a true Christian, indeed!
Actually my wife talked me into quitting in 2013 and go ahead and do what I was planning to do at 53(I was 51). So we got married and went(after she tried to back out after we married). We lasted 9 days. All she really wanted was to get me to her house in Kansas, find a job, and live there. I could've taken the advice of family and friends and got a divorce, but I don't believe in divorce except for adultery. And she did all that because she loves me. We dated in college, and when I was 50 my nephew set up a facebook account for me. She found me shortly after. So what I'm doing now is instead of using my entire pension to live it up, not my style, I'm living on less than half, sending her $500, my mother $100, and putting the rest in the bank. It's my intention to pay off her house before I die. She wants me home, but considering the diabetic nerve pain in my feet, and other physical issues, this seems the best course. As you are so full of venom I wanted to set the record straight. And of course now you'll come on with other remarks, so I'll give you a tip. The U.S. is full of people like you who take their stress out on others. The vast majority of people I've met in Mexico have been kind and decent. Maybe you should consider relocation.

vantexan

is it down in Baja?

have any pictures?
I'm in Guadalajara, the second largest city in Mexico. Went and saw Wonder Woman yesterday in what looked like a brand new theater for about $3.75. In English with Spanish subtitles. Theater was in an upscale shopping center with many American companies and restaurants. Looked like I was in California.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm in Guadalajara, the second largest city in Mexico. Went and saw Wonder Woman yesterday in what looked like a brand new theater for about $3.75. In English with Spanish subtitles. Theater was in an upscale shopping center with many American companies and restaurants. Looked like I was in California.

I also watched Wonder Woman yesterday. $7.25 (senior discount) and brought in my own snack. Drove there and back without worrying about whether I would be shot and killed.

Meat

The U.S. is full of people like you who take their stress out on others. The vast majority of people I've met in Mexico have been kind and decent. Maybe you should consider relocation.

I don't believe in stress - never have, never will.