Getting blamed for an accident I didn’t do

So a few weeks ago an owner of this building blamed UPS for making damage to his building. But he didn’t say anything til a week later. Their cameras weren’t working so they caught nothing also there were no witnesses. But the time frame he gave UPS that he THINKS the damage happened i was the only one that delivered there. But I didn’t hit anything or make any damage but because I was the only one that delivered within the time frame they can only investigate on me. The checked my truck (there was no damage) they even went to the building and measured it all up and nothing matches up. My supervisor is pretty convinced that I didn’t do it. But the guy that owns the building is still convinced that UPS did it. So since he won’t shut up about it they are going to hold a hearing at some point. Is this something I should be worried about? Can I lose my job over something I didn’t do? I asked my supervisor if I can get fired for this and he said “no you won’t get fired..... knock on wood” this gots me all kinds of worried

So a few weeks ago an owner of this building blamed UPS for making damage to his building. But he didn’t say anything til a week later. Their cameras weren’t working so they caught nothing also there were no witnesses. But the time frame he gave UPS that he THINKS the damage happened i was the only one that delivered there. But I didn’t hit anything or make any damage but because I was the only one that delivered within the time frame they can only investigate on me. The checked my truck (there was no damage) they even went to the building and measured it all up and nothing matches up. My supervisor is pretty convinced that I didn’t do it. But the guy that owns the building is still convinced that UPS did it. So since he won’t shut up about it they are going to hold a hearing at some point. Is this something I should be worried about? Can I lose my job over something I didn’t do? I asked my supervisor if I can get fired for this and he said “no you won’t get fired..... knock on wood” this gots me all kinds of worried
If you didn't do it, you didn't do it.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
No evidence, no witnesses, the guy waited a week to report it. Deny everything.

Sups may ask you to make a written statement about when and how you delivered there. Do nothing alone with your supervisors in regards to this occurrence unless you have a shop steward present.

If your supervisors already went out and did the whole tape measuring thing and don't think you did it, you should be safe. Your center manager will want to keep this at the center-level anyway.

You didn't do it, you didn't do it.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Did you get called into the office and given a letter?
Did this whole investigation transpire more than 30 days from the day the management was made aware of this loser's claim?
Still driving?

The company doesn't want to charge you or take liability for this issue anymore than you want to.

Bob11B

Something similar happened to me 2 months ago...guy claimed he matched my truck number up with witnesses...the issue was that the little road (an alley) I have NeVER traveled down...I explained to my center manager where I deliver and what roads I use....he verified this with telematics. Another driver does travel down the alley to deliver to the back of stores. Since the security guard claimed my truck number matched witnesses/videos my center manager pretty much told him we take no responsibility without proof....seems the security guard was trying to call my bluff...nothing ever happened....of course that guy is going to try and pin it on you bc they know UPS is more guaranteed to pay than other companies. Just stick to your story, you can’t get in trouble without proof, especially since it seems like you didn’t do it

Box Ox

So since he won’t shut up about it they are going to hold a hearing at some point. Is this something I should be worried about? Can I lose my job over something I didn’t do?

Don’t worry too much about it. If you didn’t do it, you didn’t do it.

A customer on a route I was covering once tried to pin some property damage on me. Obviously hadn’t been me but he saw dollar signs and took the opportunity. My management team let him know they really didn’t appreciate it. And that was that. Never came up again.

Just part of the job sometimes. Keep on rolling.

Did you get called into the office and given a letter?
Did this whole investigation transpire more than 30 days from the day the management was made aware of this loser's claim?
Still driving?

The company doesn't want to charge you or take liability for this issue anymore than you want to.
Nope never gave me any letter and I knew about how he was trying to blame me for it and my supervisors kindve brushed it off because none of the damage was lining up and the guy keeps changing his story. But about a week ago my supervisor comes up to me tells me they’re going to have a hearing the next day ( which never happened) and they were going to charge me. Then drop the charges all just to make this guy happy. Which I guess is fine. Kindve sucks but the only thing I’m worried about is the possibility of losing my job. But yes I’m still driving

Box Ox

about a week ago my supervisor comes up to me tells me they’re going to have a hearing the next day ( which never happened) and they were going to charge me. Then drop the charges all just to make this guy happy. Which I guess is fine.

That is completely :censored2:ing ridiculous and not going to happen.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Nope never gave me any letter and I knew about how he was trying to blame me for it and my supervisors kindve brushed it off because none of the damage was lining up and the guy keeps changing his story. But about a week ago my supervisor comes up to me tells me they’re going to have a hearing the next day ( which never happened) and they were going to charge me. Then drop the charges all just to make this guy happy. Which I guess is fine. Kindve sucks but the only thing I’m worried about is the possibility of losing my job. But yes I’m still driving
No it's not "fine". Looks like the company is trying to stress you into making a confession.
They've evidently got no evidence against you. Stand strong.
In my opinion either that guy's going to finally shut up, make a fool of himself by filing a false report and getting busted for it, or he can get put on permanent will call.
Ignore it and do your job.
Weirdoes abound out there today.
If he needs money he can apply to appear on Shark Tank or sell some of those pills he's taking.

Re-Raise

No! Don’t agree to anything that you didn’t do. Haven’t you seen them make innocent people confess on those Dateline crime shows??

Don’t allow them to charge you with something you didn’t do, or they could ramp it up to failure to report an accident!

raceanoncr

Just as in a court case, the accuser or prosecutor MUST prove their case. You, as the defendant, must merely refute the case.
As has been said, it looks like there is no evidence so how can there be a case?

Drink Craft Beer

Why would UPS have a hearing if there's absolutely nothing that proves or suggests you hit the building? Just cause the guy thinks you did it???

Your story sounds fake as hell.