Getting blamed for an accident I didn’t do

Not just that. You need to have your business agent completely involved and threaten to get an attorney involved if they want to :censored2: with you.

Either there’s more to your story or you’ve got an especially dumb management team.
Ok good to know. And I’ve had a couple of comments suggesting that I’m lying or not telling the whole truth. But the sad part is this is all unfortunately true. I too don’t understand why they are trying to hold a hearing and charge me with something they know I didn’t do all to just make the guy quiet.
A similar thing happened to me last summer. I did no such thing just like you. Customer was just looking for a handout.
how did they make you go about it? Did you have to attend a hearing?

Air Recovery

Great advice in this thread. You didnt do it? Great you didnt do it. They measured the damage at the building and it doesnt line up? Your car is not damaged? No witnesses or videos?

Honestly if it were me i would press charges for defamation just to get this :censored2: business owner to :censored2: his pants.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Great advice in this thread. You didnt do it? Great you didnt do it. They measured the damage at the building and it doesnt line up? Your car is not damaged? No witnesses or videos?

Honestly if it were me i would press charges for defamation just to get this :censored2: business owner to :censored2: his pants.

Defamation would only apply if the business owner decided to take this dispute public. Right now it is still in house. If he were to go to the media, print or social, and falsely accuse the driver BY NAME then there may be a case for defamation of character.

Although I have never heard of the company having a hearing for an incident where the evidence just doesn't add up it could be that they are doing it just to make that guy shut up.

Air Recovery

Defamation would only apply if the business owner decided to take this dispute public. Right now it is still in house. If he were to go to the media, print or social, and falsely accuse the driver BY NAME then there may be a case for defamation of character.

Although I have never heard of the company having a hearing for an incident where the evidence just doesn't add up it could be that they are doing it just to make that guy shut up.

Ah didnt know that. Today i learned something

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
Many years ago at Express I once got blamed for cracking a slate sidewalk. The lil old biddy called the cops on me, and was telling any passer by of what she alleged I did. Ok one tire briefly went on the curb as I pulled in to parallel park. I had been on the route for years, her sidewalk was about as old & broken up as she was. But I was young and dumb then, got charged with an accident, FedEx replaced one slab for her. Now I know better. Don't accept blame for something you didn't do.

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
Perhaps she saw you drive over that as well. :)

Of course she saw the opportunity to get her sidewalk repaired on FedEx's dime. You didn't help by briefly hopping the sidewalk as you were trying to parallel park.

Lol, true that. You'd thought I was attacking her the way she came out screaming at me. Cops, manager, it was a whole production. Live and learn.

1080Driver

I had a similar experience many many years, long before telematics existed. Customer calls in & says UPS backed into her garage door. Supe grabs me one morning & asks me about it, I tell him I've never backed into that driveway & know nothing about it, he says he'll go out to investigate it by measuring the marks, and asked again if I know anything about it, I said "be my guest". I see the Supe the next morning, he's just shaking his head. The marks were nowhere near where there'd be from my P1000 and were blue not brown. He explained this to her & she just "figured" it was a UPS truck & called it in. Needless to say, anytime it rained she never got a DR bag & I never rang the bell.

Fuzzy Brown

So a few weeks ago an owner of this building blamed UPS for making damage to his building. But he didn’t say anything til a week later. Their cameras weren’t working so they caught nothing also there were no witnesses. But the time frame he gave UPS that he THINKS the damage happened i was the only one that delivered there. But I didn’t hit anything or make any damage but because I was the only one that delivered within the time frame they can only investigate on me. The checked my truck (there was no damage) they even went to the building and measured it all up and nothing matches up. My supervisor is pretty convinced that I didn’t do it. But the guy that owns the building is still convinced that UPS did it. So since he won’t shut up about it they are going to hold a hearing at some point. Is this something I should be worried about? Can I lose my job over something I didn’t do? I asked my supervisor if I can get fired for this and he said “no you won’t get fired..... knock on wood” this gots me all kinds of worried
If they had any evidence you did it you’d have been fired by now.
Have your steward tell them put up or shut up.

If they had any evidence you did it you’d have been fired by now.
Have your steward tell them put up or shut up.
That’s what I thought. It just worried me when he said “ you won’t be fired.. knock on wood” ... just didn’t know if they could actually fire me for something I didn’t even do. Not sure if I’m stressing over literally nothing. But on top of that it’s been A week and a half since I was suppose to have that “meeting/hearing” that never happened. And they haven’t said anything since so I’m just hoping they’ve swept it under the rug.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
A0852F68-7105-4720-A96F-AABB1C1D4729.gif
Plead da fif

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
WRONG! as an isolated member of 2Rep, we had many hours to discuss American law and things such as this.
Allowing it to become an issue is defendable.

ne laisse aucune trace (Leave no trail)….

Box Ox

it’s been A week and a half since I was suppose to have that “meeting/hearing” that never happened. And they haven’t said anything since so I’m just hoping they’ve swept it under the rug.

Swept what under the rug? You didn't do :censored2:. Any veteran driver would tell management to make their :censored2:ing day if they were in your situation.

I still don't understand why your management team didn't back you up immediately when there was no evidence that you'd done any damage. It's not in the Company's interest to take responsibility for a false damage claim either.